The Master of Education (M.Ed.) online program is designed for the classroom teacher seeking an advanced degree with an emphasis on curriculum and instruction. The candidate for this program is motivated to reach out and learn through a new mode of delivery and interaction.
Agents of Change
With the growing concern of quality education in America, teachers today need the understanding of many different learning styles and cultural backgrounds to facilitate learning in a way that allows students to reach full potential in each classroom. Students will develop the mindset and skills as "Agents of Change" in their classrooms and schools through a Christ-centered climate for lifelong learning and service.
The focus of our M.Ed. program is on effective teaching strategies. The emphasis in the classroom is placed on the "Theory of Practice" model. Our desire is to see each of our teachers take what they learn in our online classroom and use it in their classroom.
The conceptual framework, which is based upon national board standards, reinforces these approaches with emphasis on:
- Implementing Instructional Effectiveness - Numerous new techniques to engage the learner are explored.
- Leading Curricular Change - Practical assignments are used to replicate the latest in curriculum alignment used by public schools to address accountability concerns.
- Managing Classroom Learning - Through a constructivist view, teachers focus on ways to engage students.
- Practicing Reflective Assessment - Teachers develop skills to provide authentic assessment opportunities complete with rubrics to enhance student learning.
- Building Learning Networks - Teachers are provided a host of sources and ways to collaborate and dialogue on best practices with teachers nationwide.
About the School
The College of Adult and Professional Studies (CAPS) serves the adult population with a variety of programs designed to meet the educational needs of specific adult audiences. Indiana Wesleyan Univers ... Read More