Due to COVID-19:
GRE/GMAT standardized testing requirements will be optional for all “Masters” programs.
This waiver only applies to the Fall 2020 entering class
International students are still required to submit passing scores on the TOEFL, IELTS or PTE tests in order to meet the English language proficiency requirement.
We are always available for one on one online consultation.
Answer the Call
The Master of Divinity (MDiv) degree is a 78-credit degree program that provides professional graduate education for those seeking to be:
- Ordained pastors or deacons
- Congregational leaders
- Community organizers or activists
- Chaplains in hospital, university or prison settings
Rooted in the long tradition of Wesleyan and Methodist commitment to higher education, Drew’s MDiv prepares a learned Christian leadership in and for the world. Whether in full-time or bi-vocational ministry, graduates of this flexible and innovative program will be rooted in the Christian story and traditions, capable of effective and creative leadership and spiritually and socially resourceful for cultivating the radical gospel of Jesus Christ in, with and for the world.
Learn Together and Where You Are
At Drew, we know that learning happens everywhere. This degree is designed to connect your learning in a ministry context, at Seminary Hall, in online video conference classrooms, and in off-campus immersions. It can be completed in a combination of in-person and online learning organized in a mix of semester-long and intensive schedules. Although 3 years remains the most common timing for an MDiv, this degree can be completed in as little as 2 ½ years or can be taken part-time over 4 years.
- Spring - October 1 (International Students) & December 1 (Domestic Students)
- Fall - April 1 (International Students) & June 1 (Domestic Students)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or from an equivalent overseas institution.
- Transcripts for all academic study beyond secondary school.
- Statement of purpose by the applicant explaining the reasons and goals for pursuing the Master of Divinity degree.
- Two letters of reference with at least one coming from a religious leader
About the School
Located just a 50-minute train ride away from the powerhouse world capital of New York City, Drew’s beautiful, wooded campus in Madison, New Jersey is home to the Caspersen School of Graduate Studies ... Read More