Master of Divinity
The Master of Divinity program is designed to provide an integrated training for those entering the pastorate in diverse situations, including missionary service, church education ministries, teaching in theological institutions and other related types of Christian service.
The program draws from various divisions of the theological disciplines, thus allowing the program to give the student the option to concentrate on one area of emphasis or specialization.
Students in the program can pursue any one of the following emphases: Biblical Studies, Christian Education, Church History, Missions, Pastoral, Theological and Translation Studies.
On the other hand, a student can pursue a general area of study without taking any emphasis.
At the end of the course of study in the Master of Divinity program, a student should be able to:
- Demonstrate a good general knowledge of the content of the Old and New Testaments.
- Interact biblically and intelligently with historical and current theological issues and positions both within the African and global contexts.
- Articulate clearly the call of Christians to world evangelization and demonstrate that understanding through personal involvement.
- Demonstrate basic teaching skills in an area of ministry.
- Provide leadership in the church and para-church organizations.
- Define his/her call, gifts and abilities so as to function well in a specific area of specialization.
- Live a godly life, serve others with humility and exemplify moral and ethical integrity in all dealings with fellow believers and society in general.
All applicants for admission to the Master of Divinity program shall meet the following requirements:
An undergraduate degree in any area of specialization from an accredited institution of higher learning with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 scale, or a degree awarded with first class or upper second class honors, or its equivalent.
Applicants with 2.75 cumulative grade point average or higher or second-class lower division or its equivalent should have at least two years of relevant experience after graduation.
- An applicant who does not meet the above requirements must present an undergraduate degree in any area of specialization and a Postgraduate Diploma in the relevant area of study from an accredited institution of higher learning with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 scale, or its equivalent.
Mode of Delivery
3 academic years full-time
- Tuition Fees 65,400
- Admin Charges 15,525
- Total Tuition Fees 80,925
- Total per Year 242,775
- Total for Program 728,325
How to apply
You can apply online by clicking Online application
Download application form Application form
You can send your application to Public Relations or Admissions.
You can find out more by calling us.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 18, 2018