International Master of Interior Architectural Design (IMIAD)
The International Master of Interior Architectural Design is one of the first internationally oriented postgraduate degree programs in Interior Architecture in India. The program has philanthropic support from the Sir Ratan Tata Trust and the International Federation of Interior Architects, IFI. This program shares many features with the Interior Architecture and Design Masters at CEPT including the focus on research and opportunity for selecting from three specializations:
- Energy Efficiency
- Craft and Technology
- History, Theory & Criticism
The program, along with its three focus areas, was envisioned to respond to the growing need for original and extensive research in the field of interior architecture and design. It aims at cultivating and strengthening a designer’s acute sensitivity towards global concerns and endowing them with a spirit of tolerance towards pluralism while encouraging accordance with traditional and cultural convictions. A research-based stimulus that forms the unique core of these programs helps in redefining modern-day design thinking and practice.
In order to complete the requirements for IMIAD, a student must complete one semester-long international exchange with one of the partner institutes of their choice, and one two-week-long international workshop at a pre-decided partner institute.
IMIAD partner institutes include:
- Istanbul Technical University ITU
- University of Applied Sciences Stuttgart UASS
- Scuola Universitaria Professionale Della Svizzera Italiana SUPSI
The curriculum and pedagogy has been structured to promote research-based knowledge to form a new and unique set of programs, designed to be on par with the new world knowledge and practices. It offers complete freedom to pursue any of the three aforementioned streams and emphasizes upon personalization of the research process to advance unique outcomes appropriated to the field of interior architecture.
Graduates from this program employ their design research skills to work with national and international government and non-government organizations, design firms and agencies, academic institutions, research centers, and, as Ph. D. students and independent consultants.
Admission and Prerequisites
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture or Design or equivalent, awarded upon completion of a course of minimum four years duration, OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture recognized by the Council of Architecture, OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Technology (five-year program), OR
- Diploma in Interior Design of four years duration (12 + 4), provided that the program is considered equivalent to a four-year degree program by the Equivalence Committee of CEPT University.
International Entry Requirements
CEPT’s guiding principle for International Admissions is to seek equivalence between International standards achieved and those of Indian home students. There are differences between Europe, America and India in degree length, academic standards and award structure. CEPT will, therefore, consider each International application on its merits seeking international equivalence and bearing in mind any professional requirements that these Programs have.
Language of Instruction
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 28, 2017