Take unit(s) to the value of 36 points, including a minimum of 18 points at Level 5.
- CITS4008 Scientific Communication (6)
- CITS4402 Computer Vision (6)
- CITS4403 Computational Modelling (6)
- CITS4404 Artificial Intelligence and Adaptive Systems (6)
- CITS4407 Open Source Tools and Scripting (6)
- CITS4419 Mobile and Wireless Computing (6)
- CITS5011 Data Science Research Project Part 1 (6)
- CITS5012 Data Science Research Project Part 2 (6)
- CITS5013 Data Science Research Project Part 3 (12)
- CITS5505 Agile Web Development (6)
- CITS5506 The Internet of Things (6)
- CITS5507 High-Performance Computing (6)
- GENG5505 Project Management and Engineering Practice (6)
- INMT5526 Business Intelligence (6)
- MGMT5504 Data Analysis and Decision Making (6)
- PUBH5769 Biostatistics II (6)
- PUBH5802 Advanced Analysis of Linked Health Data (6)
- STAT4063 Computationally Intensive Methods in Statistics (6)
- STAT4065 Multilevel and Mixed-Effects Modelling (6)
- STAT4067 Applied Statistics and Data Visualisation (6)
To be considered for admission to this course an applicant must have—
(a) a bachelor's degree, or an equivalent qualification, as recognized by UWA;
(b) the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 65 percent;
(c) completed Mathematics Applications ATAR, or equivalent, as recognized by UWA.
The Master of Data Science prepares graduates for a career as a data scientist or data analyst providing them with the skills to tackle large data management and exploitation tasks.
The skills graduates obtain during the course will make them internationally mobile as data science expertise is required globally. You will be able to find employment in a large range of companies and organizations across the resources, finance, commerce and utility sectors. In Western Australia, Data Science graduates are required for specialized data mining within the resource sector.
Further study will allow you to gain a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.). It will open up opportunities in academia and research to help you to pursue your goals in a wide range of careers, depending on your area of research.