- Be at the cutting edge of a booming new field of expertise that can be applied across industries.
- Translate data into insight and intelligence to be able to drive change and make key decisions.
- Solve domain-relevant problems by synthesizing knowledge from mathematics, statistics, computer science, information systems, and business process management.
- Learn from expert academics and leading researchers who apply data science and data analytics to a range of real-world challenges, and who have world-wide industry connections.
Why choose this course?
Be future-focused and stay ahead of the curve. Drive real change and impact key decisions by learning how to make sense of the volume, variety, and velocity of data we collect as a society.
Our academics are world leaders in research and have strong industry ties that ensure the relevance of teaching material and high-quality learning experiences for students.
This course is designed to specifically meet industry needs. We’ve brought together expertise in statistics, computer science, and business process management disciplines to deliver real-world learning opportunities.
- build a significant project-based experience that allows you to constructively apply your analytical skills to complex problem domains
- experience applying high-order thinking strategies within data-rich contexts through the synthesis of multiple sources of information
- apply specialist abstraction and synthesis techniques to solve complex data analytics problems that are inspired by real-world scenarios.
What to expect
This course will prepare you for a future-focused career in the fast-paced, ever-changing world of data analytics. With a collaborative curriculum across disciplines, you’ll not only learn theories and methods, but you’ll apply that knowledge to predict, forecast, visualize and make decisions in a range of applied areas.
You will study specialist units in advanced statistical data analysis, data mining techniques and applications, data manipulation, analytics for information professionals and advanced stochastic modeling.
When you graduate, you’ll be able to apply different approaches, techniques, and tools to data in different industry contexts to solve complex problems.
You'll have the skills necessary to transform data into knowledge for any industry, including banking and finance, media and communications, health, education, information technology, engineering, agriculture, and mining.
- Data Analyst
- Data Analytics Specialist
- Data Systems Developer
- Data-Driven Decision Maker
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. We review fees annually, and they may be subject to increases.
2019: $31,500 per year full-time (96 credit points)
2020: $34,700 per year full-time (96 credit points)
About the School
QUT is a major Australian university with a global outlook and a real-world focus. We are one of the nation’s fastest-growing research universities and our courses are in high demand. Our graduates in ... Read More