The School of Education at Laikipia University strives to offer quality teacher education programmes to produce high calibre teachers, trainers and lecturers.
The School is headed by a Dean who is the Administrative and Academic Head of the School.
The School is comprised of two Academic Departments headed by chairpersons as the Academic and Administrative Heads.
The Academic Departments in the school are:
- Curriculum and Education Management.
- Psychology, Counselling & Educational Foundation.
The School has the following Centres:
- Educational Communication and Technology Centre
- Gender Resource Centre
The Programmes being offered include:
- Master of Arts in Guidance and Counselling
- Master of Education in Educational Management
- Master of Education in Guidance and Counseling
All students in the School are in the Department of Curriculum and Educational Management because this is where they get their professional skills as teachers and educators for the Education Industry. The Department also offers Educational Administration and Planning course. This, therefore, makes Curriculum and Education the largest Department in the School.
Last updated January 25, 2018