The Masters in Counseling programme covers all the main areas of study required of a professional counsellor. It addresses issues in social psychology, developmental psychology, the helping relationship, testing and assessment, group work, research methodology, ethics in the helping profession, career guidance and development, and practical work.
The curriculum is also structured according to the requirements of the Standards and Requirements of Training for Counsellors 2003-2010 as set by the Malaysian Board of Counsellors.
- MC-501 – Human Development Across The Lifespan
- MC-502 – Social Diversity and Culture
- MC-503 – Theories of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- MC-504 – Career Information and Career Development
- MC-505 – Techniques and the Process of Counselling
- MC-506 – Research Methods and Statistics
- MC-507 – Group Process
- MC-608 – Testing and Assessment
- MC-609 – Theory and Practice of Career Counselling
- MC-610 – Marital and Family Counselling
- MC-611 – Analysis of Individuals and Groups in Counselling
- MC-612 – Issues and Ethics in the Helping Profession
- MC-613 – Counselling Practicum
- MC-714 – Thesis Writing
- MC-715 – Counselling Internship
This programme is designed to suit the needs of working adults
All lectures are scheduled on 2-3 weekday nights, Monday and/or Wednesday and/or Friday
Subject to availability
- Examination (40-60%)
- Course Work (40-60%)
Applicants must have one of the following entry requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree of at least 3 years’ study in any discipline from a recognised university with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 or equivalent preferably but not necessarily with industry experience. Those with a lower CGPA but with a minimum of 5 years’ working experience are also admissible.
- For international candidates, English Proficiency in terms of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent is requirement for course commencement.
About the School
Since 1986 we have grown steadily and sturdily. We have sustained our student number and ensured a robust financial position. We have distinguished ourselves by excelling as a thought leader, an incub ... Read More