The goal of the Master of Chinese Economy (MACE) program is to provide overseas students with two years of analytical training focused on economic development in China, they provide students with a platform to develop the critical thinking skills and knowledge necessary to become experts at analyzing China’s economy and policies. After graduation, graduates will be able to work in China in various areas such as multinational corporations. Financial institutions, government agencies, or academic organizations.
All courses offered in this program are taught in ENGLISH by qualified faculty approved by the graduate school at RUC.
Faculty members have a diverse background and most of them have been trained at some of the most prestigious academic institutions in the world and have impressive lists of publications and academic achievements. Each student in the program conducts research in his/her area of particular interest under the guidance of an RUC faculty member.
Applicants should have obtained a bachelor degree or above.
The deadline is May 31, 2017.
We strongly suggest you go to our website to read the overall introductions of our Master Programs in English, before you start to apply, applications are accepted only for the fall term. There is no application fee waived.
- A completed application form in hard copy with photo and signature.
- Print out the completed Application Form.
- Non-refundable application fee of 600 CNY.
- Personal statement.
- Copy of degrees from all post-secondary institutions.
- Copy of passport.
- 4 pieces of 2-inch (passport-size) photos.
- Two letters of recommendation from persons in a position to judge the applicant’s suitability for graduate study in economics.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions. Applicants from non-native English countries are required to submit a copy of their transcript(s) along with a certified English translation.
- TOEFL or IELTS score ONLY if you are a non-native English speaker. The TOEFL score must be less than two years old. The TOEFL is waived for any applicant who has received a degree from an English-speaking institution.
The current tuition rate is 60,000 RMB (around US $8800) per academic year. This does not cover costs of room and board, books and course materials, medical care services, field trip-related expenses and other personal expenses.
Core Courses with Credits
A total of 30 graduate credit hours are required to complete the program, including a thesis. The program is comprised of 20 hours of required courses, 8 hours of elective courses, and 2 hours of field trip studies. The requirements are as follows:
Applicants who want to be considered for a scholarship must submit the Scholarship Application Form, which can be downloaded from the website of the MACE program.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 16, 2018