- This course will suit you if you hold an undergraduate degree in either information technology or business.
- Develop the skills and knowledge to translate business strategies into information technology solutions.
- Study corporate systems and business process management, project management, IT consulting, enterprise architecture, enterprise systems, and information management with business processes.
- Prepares you for a career as a chief information officer, enterprise architect, business development manager, senior business analyst, software development manager, programme manager or corporate strategist.
- Complete in 1.5 years full-time or 3 years part-time.
Why choose this course?
Business Process Management (BPM) is a set of structured methods and technologies for increasing the operational performance of organizations. Recent studies report that BPM has become a top priority across all industries, and professionals who can combine managerial and IT skills to enhance process performance are in high demand. The required skills cover strategic alignment, governance, process modelling, analysis, innovation, process-aware information systems, and change management.
QUT’s outstanding research credibility in BPM has influenced the design of the Master of Business Process Management. It reflects the requirements of the industry’s needs for business process expertise and prepares graduates for an exciting BPM career.
QUT's Business Process Management course is widely acknowledged as having strong links to industry. Throughout your studies, you will:
- undertake project-based units that require you to apply theoretical and technical knowledge in the development of BPM related artefacts (e.g., conceptual models and frameworks, business plans).
- use real-world and research-inspired problems.
- use advanced analytical, conceptual and logical thinking processes to solve novel and complex problems.
- cover relevant contemporary BPM and interpersonal capabilities necessary for you to move into senior professional positions.
What to expect
QUT's Master of Business Process Management will give you the opportunity to develop the expertise in the application of process-centric thinking to effectively support businesses, maximize the impact of available resources and enable innovative business strategies. The programme examines business-IT alignment issues through appropriate theory and skill development and provides career enhancement opportunities into senior management and governance roles.
You will study specialist units in Business Process Management specialization and may undertake additional study in the areas of corporate systems, IT professional services, enterprise architecture and systems, and information and knowledge management.
QUT's Master of Business Process Management will develop business and IT professionals and provide opportunities to be eligible for the senior executive roles of Chief Information Officer, IT Director or Enterprise Architect. Career paths leading to these senior IT positions include: Benefits Analyst, Programme Office Manager, Quality and Software Release Manager, Change Manager, Capabilities Manager, Customer Relationship/Service Manager, ICT Policy Manager, Business Process/Continuity Manager, Corporate Strategist and Development Advisor, Senior Business Analyst, Systems Architect, Business Process and IT Consultants and IT Project and Programme Managers.
The Master's courses provide a pathway to follow on with a research degree (Master of Philosophy, Professional Doctorate or Ph.D.). Students who successfully complete IFN600 Research-Based Practice and a 48 credit point research project, are encouraged to apply for enrolment in a doctoral programme. IN23 provides direct pathways for entry to a Ph.D. programme.
- Business Analyst
- Business Development Officer
- Business Risk and Governance Consultant
- Change Manager
- Commercialization Officer
- Customer Care Manager
- Executive Project Manager
- Operations Manager
- Programme Commercial Leader
- Project Manager
- Senior Procurement Executive
- Systems Analyst
- Systems Manager
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. We review fees annually, and they may be subject to increases.
2019: $31,500 per year full-time (96 credit points)
2020: $34,700 per year full-time (96 credit points)
About the School
QUT is a major Australian university with a global outlook and a real-world focus. We are one of the nation’s fastest-growing research universities and our courses are in high demand. Our graduates in ... Read More