The Master of Business Management: International Management Specialization from IAE Nancy is a high level, theoretical and applied management. It is accessible in continuous learning or after a Bachelor degree or First year Master Program (i.e., after 4 years of university studies). It is aimed at both non-business and business students or professionals. It allows students or managers to complement their expertise in non-business fields with a comprehensive curriculum in business. It also allows students or managers specialized in specific fields, to broaden their perspectives and polyvalence through the reinforcement of transversal competencies to face business challenges in a globalized world.
The degree delivered corresponds to 120 ECTS credits (60 ECTS for the M1 year obtained in equivalence + 60 ECTS for the M2 year) or 30 ECTS per semester.
- A national diploma from a highly reputed, established university.
- A general degree in management with a process-focused approach to organizations.
- Courses that tackle the contemporary international issues faced by organizations.
- Knowledge acquisition to strengthen existing managerial skills and cultivate new skills that could lead to promotion.
Graduates of the Master of Business Management: International Management Specialization program will be able to take up positions of responsibility in fields where a transversal view of the organization is required or where a dual role, including management, is required of non-business managers.
Students will learn to manage transversal management processes, effect organizational change and define the business strategy of an organization. On completion of the program, graduates will be able to redefine organizational processes and the roles and structures consistent with a company’s business strategy. Students will also learn about managing people and projects in global, multi-cultural contexts, with an emphasis on collaborative transversal processes rather than a functional silo approach.
Career Destination of Program Graduates:
- Manager in International Business (Marketing, commerce, etc.).
- Business Unit Manager.
- Organization management: control and performance management.
- Strategic human resource management in multicultural contexts.
- Engineering project management (dual competencies).
- Consulting in organizational transformations.
Who Can Apply?
The program welcomes students from all over the world.
- Students with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (e.g. 4-year Business Studies degree) with a focus on an aspect of business (e.g. marketing, finance, information systems, management control, accounting, human resource management) who want to develop multi-skilled expertise through a cross-sectional process approach to organizations and management in international contexts.
- Students with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (4-year degree) in non-business disciplines who want to gain expertise in business in international contexts.
- French or foreign managers, currently employed or between jobs, with a Bachelor’s degree (and/or professional experience at management level) who want to strengthen their knowledge and managerial skills in international contexts.
- Courses are also offered at the undergraduate level.
- All students wanting to apply for the International Management Track must have a level of English equivalent to a TOEIC score of 780 or a TOEFL score of 90 points minimum (TOEFL iBT).
- Eligibility for the course will be decided after examination of the candidate’s file (application form available online: follow the links on the IAE website).
- Admission to the course will follow an interview with a jury/panel based on the candidate’s professional project and motivation.
- Applications by candidates in adult continuing education who do not hold a 4-year degree or equivalent will be examined by a commission to validate their professional experience. In such cases, candidates should have at least three years’ managerial responsibility.
- Applications by candidates with foreign qualifications will be examined by a commission to validate the equivalence of their diploma. Non-French-speaking candidates must have an adequate level of French and/or English.
Deadline for submission of applications and interviews for International Management Track: mid-May
for International Management Track: early June
Deadline for submission of applications and interviews for International Management Track: 1st week of September
for International Management Track: mid-September
Program taught in: