The Master of Business (Innovation & Entrepreneurship) program provides a combination of innovation and entrepreneurial knowledge.
It is designed for managers or those aspiring to pursue a career in innovation-related roles especially in government, business, and non-profit organizations. The program will enable you to experience a world of innovation and entrepreneurship which forms an integral part of an organization’s success. The course is aimed at individuals with an entrepreneurial mindset, entrepreneurs already running their own businesses or employees in large organizations wishing to foster a culture of innovation and creativity.
18 - 24 months
Spring - February
Summer - June
Autumn - September
(VAT 5% inclusive)
The MBus (I&E) program will provide you with the leadership skills, tools, and technical skills to lead and manage the process of innovation within organizations.
Accreditation and Recognition
Because we’re licensed by the UAE Ministry of Education - Higher Education Affairs, through the Commission of Academic Accreditation, our students and graduates can be assured that our degrees are recognized throughout the UAE and internationally.
All MBus programs are also quality assured by UOW Australia, which is registered with the Australian Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA), the national regulator of higher education in Australia. Upon graduation, students can choose either a degree certificate from UOWD or a degree certificate from the University of Wollongong Australia.
The Master of Business program also offers specializations in Human Resource Management, Financial Management, Marketing, International Business, and Management. If you decide you would like to complete two MBus specializations when you enroll at UOWD, there are arrangements in place that mean you can do this in minimal time.
The maximum requirement to graduate from a single specialization MBus program is twelve (12) subjects. However, if you have completed a Bachelor degree in a relevant business area or a UOWD Graduate Certificate in Business, or you have extensive professional work experience in a related area alongside a Bachelor degree, you may be able to complete the MBus program in a total of ten (10) subjects in line with UOWD’s policy on Credit for Prior Learning. Your eligibility for Credit for Prior Learning will be decided in consultation with UOWD’s Faculty of Business and Management office prior to the beginning of the program.
A single specialization MBus program will normally take you five or six semesters to complete (based on three semesters per year with summer as an optional semester and two subjects per semester). At this rate, the degree can be completed in two years or less. Classes are held at 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm, Sunday to Thursday. Each subject requires one evening of attendance for 13 weeks.
Your program of study will be as follows:
Common Business Foundation*
- ACCY801 Accounting and Financial Management
- ECON802 The Economics of Global Business Challenges
- MGNT803 Organisational Behaviour and Management
- MARK804 Principles of Marketing Management
- MGNT944 Contemporary Leadership Skills for Entrepreneurs
- MGNT942 Insights into Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- MGNT943 Business Innovation Plan
- MARK956 Creating and Marketing New Products
- FIN941 Financial Skills for Entrepreneurs
- MGNT910 Strategic Management
- MGNT915 Management of Change
- MGNT923 Contemporary Issues in International Business
- MARK901 Digital Marketing
- OPS908 Supply Chain Management
- OPS950 Quality in Management
- FIN927 Entrepreneurial Finance
- OPS922 Business Research Project
* If you are eligible for credit for prior learning from all four foundation subjects, you will be required to complete two further elective subjects from within your specialization.
Program taught in: