Master of Business Analytics
The Master of Business Analytics* is a 10-month, 36 credit-hour degree program that will prepare you to translate large amounts of complex data into manageable information and make data-driven decisions. As gathering and analyzing data in real time become essential components of business, the market demand for these skills is exploding.
World-class faculty provide a rigorous technical and quantitative foundation grounded in the practical application of business analytics. Electives in the fall and spring semesters allow students to tailor the program to meet their career objectives.
Launch your career at Freeman with a significant advantage and the experience, knowledge, and skills employers worldwide are seeking.
The Master of Business Analytics has received STEM designation!
Experience the Real World from the Classroom
Your curriculum features experiential learning opportunities and works on real projects in collaboration with corporate partners and faculty to help you:
- Apply computing, analytical, and economic insight from “big data” bases to manage, interpret, model, and communicate results.
- Gain confidence in decision making that solves business challenges.
- Graduate with proficiency in at least two computer programming and modeling languages.
Earn Your Degree and Valuable Career Capital
You will work with the same commercial software and databases major companies use to innovate and adapt to challenges. In 10 months, you will be equipped to make a seamless transition into the workforce and choose from a multitude of career options.
- Accounting Analytics
- Business Analytics and Consulting
- Energy Analytics and Modeling
- Financial Analytics and Modeling
- Health Care Analytics
- Marketing Analytics and Research
- Operations and Supply Chain Analytics
- Organizational Analytics and Research
Note for International Applicants: The Master of Business Analytics meets the needs of STEM professionals and provides extra time for international students to remain in the United States and establish their careers.
Summer Boot Camp
- Business Analytics Practicum I
- Advanced Spreadsheet Modeling
- Career Development and Planning Workshop
- Business Analytics Practicum II
- Business Analytics Projects I
- Business Statistics and Modeling
- SQL Database Fundamentals and Business Intelligence
- Business Analytics Projects II
- Modeling and Analytics
- Three Electives
A broad range of analytics electives is currently offered spanning accounting, finance, marketing, operations, and organizational behavior. This allows students to customize the program to meet their specific career objectives:
- Accounting Analytics
- Advanced Energy Trading and Finance
- Econometrics and Forecasting
- Energy Fundamentals and Trading
- Financial Modeling
- Marketing Research and Analytics
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Organizational Research Methods and Analytics
- Social Media and Online Marketing
- Approved Graduate Electives
Students can elect to take other approved graduate electives offered in several functional and industry areas in order to customize their experience.
Gain Support from Freeman’s Influential Network
Freeman has longstanding relationships with accounting firms, banks and financial services firms, consulting firms, energy companies, healthcare organizations, and trading firms.
Demand for data analytics professionals is growing exponentially and is a current challenge for company recruiters. This creates significant opportunities for graduates who have the right skills and training.
We connect you with corporate recruiters and Freeman alumni who are searching for graduates like you to fill internships and full-time job opportunities.
Application Deadlines and Dates
You may complete the application process entirely online. We review applications for admission with unofficial transcripts and score reports. To confirm enrollment, you must submit official copies of transcripts and test scores.
- Online application form ($125 application fee);
- One essay;
- One letter of recommendation;
- Undergraduate transcript(s) from accredited university;
- GMAT score report or GRE score report;
- TOEFL/IELTS or PTE (for international students only).
*This program has been approved by the Freeman School faculty and Tulane University Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies and is being launched pending final approval by SACSCOC, Tulane University's accrediting agency.
Program taught in: