Become an industry leader in enterprise resource management planning (ERP) systems and SAP with VU's Master of Business Analytics (Professional).
VU's business masters programs are world-class, and highly valued in the industry. We have strong industry connections, offering real-world experience and networking opportunities.
During your study, you’ll develop practical, up-to-date knowledge of SAP software. We offer hands-on experience and online access to a comprehensive suite of SAP Business Intelligence/Business Analytics (BI/BA) software applications and technology.
Advance your career prospects in SAP-related fields with a graduate qualification. Our course covers the management and organizational skills needed to lead business analytics programs.
Industry & international connections
We have strong industry partnerships including with Linfox and SAP. Our lecturers work in the field, and you'll receive up-to-date expert guidance.
You’ll have the opportunity for placements overseas and in Australia in SAP-related professions. We have built an extensive international network, with partners in China, Singapore, Malaysia, India, and France.
World-class business-analytics program
We offer one of the most comprehensive ERP and business analytics programs in the world and the only ERP course at this level in Australia
Through our master's program, you’ll develop in-demand computing and business skills needed to implement and maintain ERP systems. More importantly, you’ll understand how these systems affect and support a business.
According to Accenture(external link), there are more roles in which SAP expertise is required than roles with any other systems integrator.
This course provides career opportunities for:
- information technology, information systems, and computer science graduates looking to gain a foothold in corporate ERP / SAP organizations.
- technology analysts looking to move into a career in business analytics.
- business analysts looking to move to an SAP-based organization.
- SAP professionals looking to expand their career opportunities.
Our graduates are employed in a range of specialist fields of ERP/SAP. Companies, where our graduates have been employed, include:
- British Petroleum (UK)
- Cadbury Schweppes
- Carter Holt Harvey
- China Air Express
- Ernest & Young
- Exxon Mobil Ltd
In an era where information and data are central to business, our Master of Business Analytics (Professional) gives you the knowledge you need to succeed.
To attain the Master of Business Analytics (Professional), students will be required to complete 192 credit points consisting of:
- 48 credit points college core units
- 24 credit points business core units
- 84 credit points professional core units
- 36 credit points research units
Research Option 1
- 12 credit points business research project and
- 24 credit points elective units. Students to select units from any College of Business Post Graduate Course (subject to availability). Please check any pre-requisite requirements prior to enrolling.
Research Option 2
- 12 credit points business research proposal and
- 24 credit points business research thesis.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
||Critically reflect upon theoretical approaches and analyze their application to achieve effective use of Business Intelligence/Business Analytics to support operations and management practice.
||Justify and interpret theoretical propositions and related bodies of knowledge to critically evaluate the resolution of business problems and make recommendations relevant to contemporary Business Intelligence/Business Analytics Systems.
||Critically apply cross-disciplinary knowledge in decision making associated with the selection, implementation, and use of Business Intelligence/Business Analytics System for emerging contexts.
||Demonstrate accountability in autonomous and collaborative judgments and innovative strategic thinking in response to contemporary and future business Intelligence/business analytics challenges.
||Work as a reflective practitioner to formulate, implement and evaluate industry-specific investigations to resolve complex professional problems and inform decision-making drawing on Business Intelligence/Business Analytics Systems and associated Information Systems.
||Communicate effectively with specialist and non- specialist audiences including multi-disciplinary teams, diverse cultural communities, and business and other professional organizations in regards to Business Intelligence and Analytics.
||Plan and execute a substantial research-based project or evidence-based capstone experience linked to a contemporary Business Intelligence/Business Analytics System to generate and evaluate complex ideas and concepts at abstract and practical levels.
||Exemplify initiative and inspirational leadership in a dynamic 21st-century work environment, acting consistently, ethically and socially responsible.
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in any discipline
- Completion of an Australian Graduate Diploma (or equivalent) in a similar discipline
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score of 6.5 (with no band less than 6.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking)
Pathways from VU courses
There are many ways you can start your education journey at VU. Pathways offer an easy transition between courses at different levels so that you can start with a certificate and progress right through to postgraduate study.