Preparing students as the new generation of managers who understand data and fluent in data-driven decision making to solve real problems with Big Data in today’s digital world.
The Master of Business Analytics (MSc-BA) is designed for young professionals interested in Data science/analytics which is now a critical skill for every manager in the digital age. This program provides the technical skills and business vision to understand, work and decide with the data: a comprehensive introduction to Big data, databases, opportunities, and challenges, how to explore/analyze/visualize ‘big data’ sets to derive insights, how to communicate them as well as how to use Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning methods to support decision making and digital transformations for both private and public organizations.
- Multi-disciplinary program blending technology and business.
- Good balance of theory and practice with case studies and hands-on exercises with real data.
- Explore the latest technologies and practices in Big Data, Data Science, and Artificial Intelligence.
- Providing the key skills employers are looking for the most and practices in Big Data, Data Science, and Artificial Intelligence.
- Developed, advised, and delivered by data analytics experts with industry and academic experience.
- Gaining insight into global businesses, their management, and operations.
In addition to business courses, the core curriculum in Business Analytics trains young professionals to be future leading data scientist/analyst and top managers with courses in database fundamentals, data preparation, exploration, visualization techniques, communication/storytelling skills, Artificial Intelligence/Machine learning methods for advanced analytics by using software technologies like SQL, Tableau, Python, and PowerBI.
The Master of Business Analytics is comprised of 14 courses taken over one year.
- TEC 605 – Introduction to Data, Databases & Data-Driven Decision Making
- QMB 513 – Statistical Methods for Data Analytics
- MKG 615 – Consumer and Market Insight
- MGT 605 – Strategic Supply Chain Management
- TEC 635 – Exploring, Visualizing & Storytelling with Data
- TEC 640 – Python Programming for Data Science
- COM 630 – Digital Communication and Marketing
- MGT 657 – Operations and Project Management
- TEC 650 – Artificial Intelligence and Applied Machine Learning
- TEC 660 – Text Mining/Unstructured Data Analytics
- MGT 645 – Corporate Governance
- MKG 620 – Sales Management
- TEC 698 – Data Ethics/Privacy/Governance and Capstone project
- MGT 650 – Digital Transformation
- A completed application form (should include your Motivation letter)
- Official Undergraduate Transcript (certified translation in English) (Minimum GPA recommended 2.7 or above on the scale of 0-4)
- Official Undergraduate Diploma (certified translation in English)
- Non-refundable application fee of CHF 150.- or € 140.- or USD 150.-
- English proficiency test: either TOEFL (minimum score 80), IELTS (minimum score 6.0) or Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE). IUG institutional code number for the TOEFL is 0130;
- Curriculum Vitae stating any relevant professional work experience;
- Letter of reference from an employer or a professor;
- Copy of valid passport;
- Two passport size photos.
Candidates over 30 years would hardly get a student visa in Switzerland
Data science/analytics is now a critical skill for every manager in the digital age. Such skill helps individuals to pursue careers as a business intelligence consultant, marketing analyst, data solutions architect, business analyst, big data analytics, chief data officer, and other relevant positions.
About the School
Ranked among the top ten business schools in Switzerland, the International University in Geneva (IUG) is an accredited academic institution specializing in business education.