The Mitchell MBA program is fully accredited by AACSB International-the highest level of business accreditation worldwide. We have structured the program to accommodate the needs of full-time career professionals and managers, as well as recent graduates who are interested in furthering their knowledge in the field of business. All foundation work is built into the 14-course curriculum, which allows students from any undergraduate background to immediately begin graduate studies.
Features of the program
- Each new MBA class is launched in the Fall to provide the cohort with a clear identity and an opportunity to network with other management professionals in the class
- All students will have a common background as they progress through the program since all foundation work is built into the Mitchell MBA.
- Cohorts in an MBA class enroll for the same two classes each term with classes meeting two evenings per week - the first meeting from 6:00 to 7:15 followed by the second course at 7:30 - 8:45.
- Each MBA class participates in retreat-based seminars during the fall and spring semesters of the first two years of the program to focus on specialized management topics and to provide additional team building opportunities.
- The curriculum provides the core knowledge and skills required to successfully manage organizations while enhancing each student's individual decision-making capabilities.
- Strong and effective study teams may be easily formed and maintained throughout the program since each MBA class will take all classes together.
A student who has a bachelor's degree with less than 3.0 but greater than a 2.5 (A=4.0) or a minimum grade-point average of 2.75 on the last 64 semester hours of college work may attain Provisional Admission provided the student has a satisfactory GMAT score based on one of the following formulas:
200 x GPA + GMAT = 1050 or
200 x UDGPA (last 64 hours) + GMAT = 1100
In addition, all applicants must achieve a GMAT Analytical Writing score of 3.0 or higher. The GMAT requirements may be waived for any applicant with an earned Master's degree or above from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher education.
The GMAT must have been taken in the last five years.
International students must submit documentary evidence showing TOEFL test scores of 525 or above or its equivalent.
The non-degree category is reserved exclusively for students with an MBA Degree Students in this category must obtain the permission of the Director of Graduate Studies before registering for any graduate courses in the Mitchell College of Business.
Last updated February 8, 2018