The 12-month, 36-credit MBA in Sales Management at Salem International University prepares you for advanced roles that focus on developing effective sales teams through the application of strategic knowledge. After graduation, you should be a competent and effective business problem-solver who can:
- Conduct effective negotiations and make strategic business decisions that keep customers happy.
- Understand consumer motivations and the psychology of buying and selling.
- Organize and lead effective sales teams in domestic and international contexts.
- Demonstrate exceptional professional integrity and ethical behavior.
About this Program
This program prepares students for career paths and duties as:
- Advertising & Sales Representative – Build customer relationships to meet customers’ needs and generate revenue for the business.
- Sales Manager – Direct sales teams, develop budgets, analyze results, and train sales personnel.
- Marketing Manager – Conduct research to determine consumer demand and sales potential for new products and services.
- Training Manager – Ensure sales personnel are equipped to meet the needs of customers and the company.
- General Manager – Oversee all aspects of business management.
Salem offers accelerated undergraduate and graduate programs of study with continuous enrollment via distance education or on-ground at our Salem, West Virginia campus. Courses are delivered in a monthly format (4-weeks) and completed on ground, online, or through a blended approach that uses both delivery methods. Online courses are structured to work within the constraints of full-time employment, allowing you to earn your degree with minimum disruption to your busy schedule. Traditional on ground programs of study are available for campus residents and commuter students.
Sales Management Courses:
- SAM605 Negotiations
- SAM610 International Sales Management
- SAM620 Sales Leadership
- SAM625 Advanced Selling Techniques
- SAM640 Consumer Behavior
Admission to Salem is open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or ability/disability. Anyone wishing to attend Salem can obtain the necessary application from the Office of Admissions or online from our website at www.salemu.edu. The completed application should be submitted to the Office of Admissions at the earliest possible date. A nonrefundable application fee is required of all applicants. The University admits students on a rolling, monthly start basis. Acceptance is within the discretion of Salem International University; some programs have additional admissions requirements.
About the School
Established in 1888 as Salem College, Salem University has a tradition of academic excellence and innovation. The beautiful 100-acre campus is nestled in the Appalachian mountains of West Virginia. Th ... Read More