The MBA in Management at Salem International University enhances and extends your management capabilities to an advanced level. After graduation, you should be a competent and effective business problem-solver who can:
- Manage projects using generally-accepted practices and procedures, such as those laid out in the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Understand national and international business law and its impacts on managerial decisions and processes.
- Apply managerial theory in practical situations, including operations management, financial management, and HR management.
- Be an effective manager of change in a variety of organizations.
About this Program
This program prepares students for career paths and duties as:
- Development Manager – Prepare detailed plans for and lead the development of new products and services.
- Quality Assurance Manager – Ensure the technical accuracy and customer acceptance for use of a team’s work products.
- Project Team Leader – Develop new products or services.
- Process Manager – Ensure the soundness of methods used.
- Budget Manager – Propose and monitor budgets.
- Line/Staff Manager – Hire, assign, and supervise staff.
Salem offers accelerated undergraduate and graduate programs of study with continuous enrollment via distance education or on ground at our Salem, West Virginia campus. Courses are delivered in a monthly format (4-weeks) and completed on ground, online, or through a blended approach that uses both delivery methods. Online courses are structured to work within the constraints of full-time employment, allowing you to earn your degree with minimum disruption to your busy schedule. Traditional on ground programs of study are available for campus residents and commuter students.
- BUS554 Business Law
- BUS600 Organizational Behavior, Leadership, and Ethics
- BUS633 Project Management and Budgeting
- BUS660 Management Utilization of Technology
- BUS670 Global Challenges of Communications and Human Resources Management
Admission to Salem is open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or ability/disability. Anyone wishing to attend Salem can obtain the necessary application from the Office of Admissions or online from our website at www.salemu.edu. The completed application should be submitted to the Office of Admissions at the earliest possible date. A nonrefundable application fee is required of all applicants. The University admits students on a rolling, monthly start basis. Acceptance is within the discretion of Salem International University; some programs have additional admissions requirements.
Program taught in: