Most MBA programmes require prospective students to have a few years of industry work experience. We are one of only a few institutions in England offering a one-year MBA programme that does not require previous work experience. You can progress straight from your undergraduate degree to this MBA without needing a business background.
This course is for aspiring managers in all employment sectors. We aim to equip you with the requisite knowledge and skills for the effective management of organisations and people. You will gain a thorough understanding of business and management skills (e.g. leadership, communication, negotiation, research, team building and interpersonal skills).
This will enable you to improve your performance and accelerate your career development with confidence.
- Applicants normally require a first or second class honours degree in any subject from a UK university (or equivalent).
- Results from the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT®) are not an application requirement.
English Requirements (non-native speakers)
Applicants whose native language is not English must provide evidence of their English language capability. The level required for study on Master’s degree courses is IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum category score of 5.5) or equivalent.
- Critical Issues in Business 10
- Management and Organisational Behaviour 20
- Strategic Marketing 20
- Managing Operations and the Supply Chain 20
- Competitive Strategy and Innovation 20
- Financial Decision Making 20
- Business Research Project 30
- International Business Negotiation 20
- The Entrepreneurship Report 20
This MBA course provides students with a generalist, broadly based management qualification, which prepares them for a wide range of careers. It is particularly relevant to those applicants without a business background (either academic or employment) who are not committed to a specific or specialist career path. Examples of positions which graduates have progressed into include:
- Head of marketing
- Head of operations
- Management accountant
- Senior management
- Strategy consultant
- Account manager
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 10, 2017