Master of Biotechnology
The Master of Biotechnology gives you a core competency in advanced molecular biotechnology approaches including molecular biology, protein biochemistry, proteomics and applied microbiology. In addition it offers you advanced skills in critical thinking, experimental design and writing for peer-reviewed scientific literature.
- Gives you a strong interdisciplinary and practical focus reflective
- of the needs of the marketplace
- Draws on expertise from the Departments of Chemistry
- and Biomolecular Sciences, Biological Sciences, Computing
- and Statistics
- Incorporates Macquarie University’s expertise in proteomics
- This degree can be combined with the Master of Commerce
Those already working in or wanting to advance in the biotechnology area, and those wanting to gain an understanding of a multidisciplinary approach to biotechnology practice and research.
- Australian Bachelor of Science degree or recognised equivalent in relevant field with a substantial laboratory component
- Minimum GPA of 2.70 (out of 4.00)
- Minimum English Language Proficiency: IELTS or IELTS equivalent of 6.5 overall, with minimum 6.0 in each band
All applicants for undergraduate or postgraduate coursework studies at Macquarie University are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English.
You may satisfy the English language requirements if you have completed:
- senior secondary studies equivalent to the NSW HSC
- one year of Australian or comparable tertiary study in a country of qualification