Whether you’re ready to expand your horizons as an artist or you’re interested in sharing your talents as a teacher, Fontbonne University’s Master of Arts program offers learning and research environments that enable you to become an effective artist professionally and intellectually. Fontbonne even offers the opportunity to choose a focus to further personalize your course of study and tailor your learning to the most relevant topics for your career.
While firmly based in the figurative tradition, the department and its programs seek to preserve and enhance the artisanal aspects of art making, applying and extending traditional methods to the contemporary.
Faculty are working artists who are knowledgeable, experienced and committed to your success, providing students with effective contemporary techniques that will challenge you to exceed your own expectations and explore new ideas.
Concentrations are available in ceramics, drawing, painting, sculpture, photography (wet-process) or studio (a combination of mediums).
- Class sizes are limited.
- Broad range of drawing and painting offerings, including life-sized drawing and painting, anatomy drawing, survey of artist’s materials and methods, and old Master’s techniques.
- Students have access to up-to-date art facilities:
- Extensive ceramic studio with gas and electric kilns, as well as facilities for both throwing and hand building
- Extensive sculpture studio, including metal foundry, welding, metalworking and blacksmithing equipment, wood and stone carving
- Wet-process photographic lab and darkroom (film and alternative processes)
- Departmental imaging/graphic design lab
- Studios for full-time students
About the School
Soar higher with an exceptional education and professional insight Fontbonne University’s College of Arts and Sciences offers more than 30 undergraduate and graduate degree programs spanning fields in ... Read More