U.S. foreign affairs master program is the continuation of the Bachelor American Studies Humanitarian Interdisciplinary program opened first time in Georgia at the International Black Sea University (IBSU) in cooperation with the U.S. Embassy. Uniqueness of interdisciplinary and the multidisciplinary American Studies program involving a wide scope of humanitarian disciplines and the students’ great interest towards American History and Politics encouraged us to create the master program in U.S. Foreign Affairs, that will deepen the knowledge of courses: American History, Politics, American Culture and Society and provide more fundamental study of the U.S. domestic and foreign policy issues, linked to unique immigration historic past.
- Language of Instruction: English
- Program Duration: 2 years (120 ECTS)
- Awarded Qualification: Master of American Studies
- Tuition fee for Georgian citizens: 3540 GEL
- Tuition fee for international students: 3000 USD
Our conceptual framework will allow students to utilize relevant theories effectively and our placement of the contemporary debates in their historical context.
The mission of the program is to enable students both to see and to assess the forces underlying continuity and change in American foreign policy. Courses included in the program will provide conceptual, theoretical, and historical components appropriate for students to do theoretical research in American Foreign Affairs.
According to Agreements with IBSU partner universities students have an opportunity to participate in various international exchange programs.
Involvement in the diplomatic activity at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or at the International Relations or other appropriate Departments at the different Ministries and Municipal bodies, scientific researchers, administrative personnel in the field of International relations. Embassies, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (American Department), offices of Public Relations, departments of culture, government, Parliament, Museums of History, Archives, committees of foreign relations, universities, NGO-s.
Admission to the Program
A person is admitted to the program if:
- He/she holds a BA or its equivalent diploma,
- Passes A Type test of Unified National Exams for Masters,
- Passes the university internal exams in specialty and English language
- Those candidates who have international English language certificate equivalent to B2 level (TOEFL IBT, IELTS, and FCE) are not required to take the exam in the English language if according to the program admission requirements English language is considered as a foreign language.
- Those candidates who have graduated from the educational program (instruction language – English) during last three years and their GPA is at least 75 (out of 100) or 3(out of 4), are free from passing English language examination.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 22, 2017