Master of Arts in Theology
The Master of Arts in Theology is two-year programmes requiring 72 credit hours of coursework to graduate.
The programme seeks to give students sound evangelical graduate-level theological education within the African context to prepare students for ministry in the Church, Para-church organisations, and teaching careers in theological institutions in Africa and beyond.
The programme seeks to lay the foundation for the Christian faith and aims at preparing and providing foundational theological knowledge, competencies, and skills to enable the student to be an effective minister and teacher of the Christian faith.
At the end of the course of study in the Master of Arts in Theology programme, a student would have competencies, knowledge, and skills to:
- Clearly articulate the subject matter of theology
- List and explain clearly the various branches of Christian theology
- Explain and interpret the fundamental tenets of Christian theology and dogma of the Church.
- Develop tools and skills to do effective contextual theology in Africa
- Develop critical thinking, and research skills that address the theological issues and concerns facing Christians and society.
- Apply society Apply the knowledge, competencies and skills gained in the programme to address the theological questions, heresies, and the new theologies confronting African societies and the Church.
all applicants for admission to the Master of Arts in Theology programme shall meet the following requirements
- a) Each candidate shall be required to take all the prescribed courses for every semester in the two years of study.
- b) No candidate will be allowed to progress to the next level without passing all the prescribed course’s units.
- c) Students are expected to attend at least 70 percent of the scheduled classes for each unit to be allowed to sit for the end of term examination.
- d) Students must do 1-hour field ministry in a local Church or a Para-Church organization each term of the first year. This is a requirement to graduate from the programme. The student would be assigned a supervisor in the field of attachment. The student would be assessed for the field ministry work.
- e) The lecturer will meet students face-to-face during each unit, teach, and facilitate the class for the time assigned for lecture time.
Mode of delivery
The Master of Arts in Theology is a 2-year programme. It will use a variety of delivery modes- fulltime, part-time, school-based, and in future e-learning.
- Tuition Fees 65,400
- Admin Charges 15,525
- Total Tuition Fees 80,925
- Total per Year 242,775
- Total for Programme 485,550
- Tuition Fees 43,600
- Admin Charges 15,525
- Total Tuition Fees 59,125
- Total per Year 177,375
- Total for Programme 532,125
How to apply
You can apply online by clicking Online application
Download application form Application form
You can send your application to Public Relations or Admissions.
You can find out more by calling us.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 29, 2018