Master of Arts in Theology
This is a 2-year program that seeks to give students sound evangelical graduate-level theological education within the African context and to prepare them for ministry in the Church, Para-church organizations, and teaching careers in theological institutions in Africa and beyond. The program lays a foundation for the Christian faith and aims at preparing and providing foundational theological knowledge, competencies, and skills to enable the student to be an effective minister and teacher of the Christian faith.
It costs Kshs.75,000 ($750) tuition per semester.
Intakes are in August/September, December/January and April/May of every year.
Delivery modes are:
- Holiday (i.e. three weeks every April, August, and December) and
The requirement is undergraduate degree with at least 1st class/2nd class Honours (upper division) or lower division with 2 years working/ministry experience).
At the end of the course of study in the Master of Arts in Theology program, a student would have competencies, knowledge, and skills to:
- Clearly articulate the subject matter of theology.
- List and explain clearly the various branches of Christian theology.
- Explain and interpret the fundamental tenets of Christian theology and dogma of the Church.
- Develop tools and skills to do effective contextual theology in Africa.
- Develop critical thinking, and research skills that address the theological issues and concerns facing Christians and society.
- Apply society Apply the knowledge, competencies, and skills gained in the program to address the theological questions, heresies, and the new theologies confronting African societies and the Church.
All applicants for admission to the Master of Arts in Theology program shall meet the following requirements:
- Each candidate shall be required to take all the prescribed courses for every semester in the two years of study.
- No candidate will be allowed to progress to the next level without passing all the prescribed course’s units.
- Students are expected to attend at least 70 percent of the scheduled classes for each unit to be allowed to sit for the end of term examination.
- Students must do 1-hour field ministry in a local Church or a Para-Church organization each term of the first year. This is a requirement to graduate from the program. The student would be assigned a supervisor in the field of attachment. The student would be assessed for the field ministry work.
- The lecturer will meet students face-to-face during each unit, teach, and facilitate the class for the time assigned for lecture time.
Mode of delivery
The Master of Arts in Theology is a 2-year program. It will use a variety of delivery modes- fulltime, part-time, school-based, and future e-learning.
- Tuition Fees: 65,400
- Admin Charges:15,525
- Total Tuition Fees: 80,925
- Total per Year: 242,775
- Total for Program: 485,550
- Tuition Fees: 43,600
- Admin Charges: 15,525
- Total Tuition Fees: 59,125
- Total per Year: 177,375
- Total for Program: 532,125
How to apply
- You can apply online by clicking Online application or
- Download application form Application form
- You can send your application to Public Relations or Admissions
You can find out more by calling us.
About the School
Africa International University is a chartered Christian university located in the serene environment of Karen, Nairobi, a strategic location, serene and conducive for learning. Africa International U ... Read More