Master of Arts in Social Impact
Make a Difference with Social Entrepreneurship
The M.A. in Social Impact teaches you to envision and implement programs that generate positive and sustainable impact on your community—and beyond. If you are an emerging leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, the M.A. in Social Impact can help you develop the skills and perspectives you need to be the catalyst for new social endeavors in your community.
The M.A. in Social Impact aligns with the mission of Claremont Lincoln University to educate leaders capable of reaching across differences to create a more just and sustainable world. In this program you will learn:
- Social Impact Literacy: Synthesize the history, heritage, and context of social change and innovation for application to current world problems.
- Interpersonal Communication: Develop and demonstrate the interpersonal and engagement skills necessary for effective leaders in a global community or organization.
- Social Leadership: Function as mindful humanistic change agents and empathetic leaders skilled and knowledgeable about how to catalyze and sustain changes in social systems.
- Resource Models: Develop resourcing strategies built on current market principles and procedures.
- Social Evaluation: Develop and employ evaluation and learning approaches to gain visibility on and adapt efforts for systems change and social innovation.
- Action Research: Research, analyze, and determine appropriate methods and contemporary strategies for designing and implementing initiatives that generate positive social impact.
Applicable Career Fields
As a graduate of the Master of Arts in Social Impact, you’ll be prepared to drive progress towards a more compassionate and ethical society. The skills and competencies this degree offers you can apply to careers in:
- Social service agencies,
- Non-government organizations,
- Faith-based organizations,
- Civic organizations,
- Social enterprises,
- Cultural organizations.
The following items are required to be considered for admission into Claremont Lincoln University.
- Online Application
- Official Bachelor’s Transcripts
Official transcripts from an accredited undergraduate institution where the applicate their bachelor's degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above must be submitted.
Applicants with a cumulative GPA of less than 3.0 can be considered for admission if they have relevant academic and/or professional experiences that have prepared them to succeed in a rigorous graduate program.
- Essay Questions
- Letter of Reference
Graduates of foreign universities at which English is not the primary language must submit valid, official, internet-based (iBT) Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores. Computer-based test (CBT) scores will only be accepted if the applicant lives in a country that does not offer the iBT. Please request that scores be sent from ETS to Claremont Lincoln University (school code: 2241). Requests for a TOEFL waiver are considered on an individual basis.
- International Transcript Evaluation
Graduates of foreign universities must submit an official course-by-course international transcript evaluation from one of the approved credential evaluation service agencies listed below to the Office of Admission.
- Application Fee
A $50 application fee (non-refundable) must be received before your application can be processed – call (909) 667-4444 to inquire about a fee waiver.
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
A Résumé or Curriculum Vitae gives us a better idea of your context for engagement into a particular program of study.
If you have any questions about the admission requirements, please contact the Office of Admission at 909-667-4485 or admission@ClaremontLincoln.edu.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 4, 2018