Effect Positive, Sustainable Change in 20 Months
This online hybrid program equips individuals with the knowledge, skills, and resources to effect change in their local communities and across the globe. In less than two years, students create an approach for impactful leadership while learning management practices such as formulating strategies, implementing programs, and creating marketing campaigns.
Designed to help facilitate work in social activism, this program offers students the critical skills needed to create a more just world. As social entrepreneurs, graduate students will learn to effect positive change by generating solutions to pressing social problems, searching for root causes, and creating value that transforms individuals, communities, and nations. Central to this master's program is the belief and understanding that real change begins from within--both within the person and the community. From that foundation, students build their leadership capacity to effect change around the globe. Offered as a 40-unit degree, this online hybrid program is designed to be completed in just 20 months, over five terms.
- Program Length / Units: 1.6 years / 40 units
- Unit Cost: $1,225
- Start Term: Fall
- Campus Location: West Los Angeles / Online Hybrid Program (Please note that your campus of choice cannot be guaranteed. Campus offerings are contingent upon availability and subject to change.)
- 20-month, comprehensive program designed for both professionals employed full-time and full-time students, as well as students located outside of Southern California
- Online hybrid program model which delivers coursework via a blend of face-to-face interaction and online instruction
- Nationally-recognized faculty who are dedicated to student academic and professional success
- Global exchange experience creates a well-rounded global perspective of social, economic, and community issues
- Cohort model designed for strong peer support and lifelong professional relationships
- Capstone social enterprise course designed to provide students with a firm professional next step after completion of the program
- Fall Term 2018 Final Deadline: August 6, 2018, 11:59 PM PST
Note: Admissions for this program are rolling. Applications received after the deadline are reviewed and students are accepted on a space-available basis.
- Fall classes begin in September.
In an effort to process your application quickly, we only accept electronic application materials.
To apply for this program, please submit:
- Your application for admission with a nonrefundable processing fee.
- Official student transcripts safely and electronically via one of the following approved companies:
- National Student Clearinghouse
- Please request all transcripts to be sent to email@example.com.
- Two professional recommendations using our Recommendation Form. The recommendation should attest to your competencies, character, and potential. Your recommenders should email the completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A 1-2 page Statement of Educational Purpose addressing previous involvement or interest in social change issues, professional goals and objectives, and a social issue of personal importance, including reasons why the issue is a particular concern, emailed to email@example.com.
- (Optional) If your baccalaureate or master's degree GPA is lower than 3.0 or you're seeking an exception to our GRE or TOEFL test requirements, please fill out our Exception Request Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (Optional) Your professional CV or resume emailed to email@example.com.
Program taught in: