Pepperdine University GSEP does not offer full scholarships. You can read more about the available opportunities for new students here. Pepperdine University GSEP also offers graduate assistance, teaching assistance, and research assistance opportunities. GSEP does not provide tuition reimbursements.
Social Understanding. Scientific Analysis.
The psychology master's degree program is designed to provide students with a thorough understanding of the principles of psychology. Within a strong clinical framework, the program offers theoretical and practical learning in a supportive environment, preparing individuals for a host of professional endeavors.
Master of Psychology Program Overview
A Master of Arts in Psychology can serve as your gateway into the human services field or as a stepping stone into a doctoral program. Gain a theoretical and practical understanding of the principles of psychology within the framework of a strong clinical emphasis. Courses present various aspects of the art and science of psychology as it is applied to the understanding of human behavior and to the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of mental and emotional disorders.
Master of Psychology Program Benefits
- Nationally recognized faculty who bring strong clinical experience into the classroom
- A values-based curriculum that focuses on personal and professional growth
- Opportunities to gain real-world experience through on-campus clinics and community partnerships
- Small classes to encourage a supportive environment
- Convenient class schedules offered on weeknights and occasional weekends
- Program Length / Units: 1.5-2 years / 36-48 units
- Unit Cost: $1,225
- Start Terms: Fall, Spring, Summer
- Campus Locations: West Los Angeles, Irvine, Encino (Please note that your campus of choice cannot be guaranteed. Campus offerings are contingent upon availability and subject to change.)
Online Application Deadlines
- Fall Term 2018 Final Deadline: August 6, 2018, 11:59 PM PST
Note: Admissions for this program are rolling. Applications received after the deadline are reviewed and students are accepted on a space-available basis.
- Spring classes begin on January 7.
- Summer I begins on April 29.
- Summer II begins on June 17.
- Fall classes begin in September.
Applicants to this program may possess a bachelor's degree in any field, and there are no pre-requisite courses that must be completed prior to starting the program. Applicants without recent course work (within the last seven years) in psychology, however, will be required to complete foundation courses in preparation for the core curriculum. Foundation courses are offered as part of the master's program.
In an effort to process your application quickly, we only accept electronic application materials.
To apply for this program, please submit:
- Your application for admission with a nonrefundable processing fee.
- Official student transcripts from the accredited colleges or universities that awarded your baccalaureate degree via one of the following approved companies:
- National Student Clearinghouse
- Applicants who are pursuing their bachelors at the time of application should submit an in-progress (current) transcript and will be required to submit a final transcript showing the degree posted after completion of their undergraduate program. Please request all transcripts to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Two recommendations from individuals familiar with the applicant's academic and professional competencies using our Recommendation Form. Recent college graduates should have at least one academic recommendation. Applicants who have been out of college more than three years should submit professional recommendations. Your recommenders should email the completed forms to email@example.com.
- A 2-5 page Statement of Purpose describing your training and experience, current interests, future professional goals, and reasons for applying to the program, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (Optional) If your baccalaureate or master's degree GPA is lower than 3.0 or you're seeking an exception to our TOEFL test requirement, please fill out our Exception Request Form and email it to email@example.com.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 7, 2018