The masters of Arts in Online Curriculum and Instruction degree in education program provides the opportunity for the learner to extend preparation in professional education through coursework and to pursue further work in subject matter areas where he/she feels a need for greater teaching proficiency.
This program opens an educational space where learner(s) with a first degree in education, human or social sciences will build the capacity needed to technology-enhance their pedagogical practices when they are engaged in education or training careers (adult pedagogy, training, communication, instructional design). The masters of Arts in Online Curriculum and Instruction targets excellence in the development, implementation, delivery, and assessment of online courses.
This program is designed to attract a diverse audience interested in the creation, design, engineering, and delivery of educational material using online technologies and digital media. Learners with a background in education, human or social sciences (psychology, sociology, philosophy) as well as academics, HR specialists, and corporate trainers will take a full benefit of this program.
- Demonstrate knowledge of major learning theories and their applications to the analysis, implementation, and assessment of online education programs and systems.
- Demonstrate abilities to select a plan and implement the most suitable and innovative pedagogical strategies, bearing in mind the context of learning, the learner(s) profiles and the pieces of knowledge to be learned, contextualized or created from scratch.
- Demonstrate abilities to match learning context and appropriate technology.
- Demonstrate abilities to critically analyze the potentialities of learning technologies and to apply these abilities to the enhancement of design and delivery of contents, ensuring reflexive and collaborative learning.
- Demonstrate abilities to establish formative and summative evaluation plans, to design valid and reliable student learning assessment instruments and to administer both formative and summative assessment activities in a course.
- Demonstrate capacity to synthesize and apply qualitative and quantitative research methodologies for online education, such as theory-driven designs, theory-building research or design-based research.
- e-Content Developers
- Training Specialist
- Online Teaching Support Associate
- Curriculum Manager
- Instructional Design Specialist
- Director, Teaching and Learning
- Online Instructors
- Learning Specialist
Program taught in: