New Media: Creativity and Technology
The Master’s Program of New Media: Creativity and Technology introduces new media information technology and communication theories. Students are required to understand methods for academic research, as well as to gain practical skills. The goal of this program is to train interdisciplinary talents possessing innovative awareness to meet challenges posed by the new media industry. Students will be awarded Master of Arts in New Media upon successful completion of this program.
Program Duration: 2 academic years
Language: The language of teaching and thesis writing is English.
Courses consist of core courses and optional courses. Students are required to complete at least 20 credits of course work.
- Critical Introduction to New Media (2 credits)
- New Media Editing (2 credits)
- Communication Studies (2 credits)
- The Semantic Web (2 credits)
- Data Mining: Behavior Analysis of Customer (2 credits)
- New Media Technology: The Progresses (2 credits)
- Video and Image Production (2 credits)
- Convergent Journalism (2 credits)
- Adaptation Studies (2 credits)
- Social Computing and Information Networks (2 credits)
- Computer Animation Technologies (2 credits)
- Chinese Language (2 credits)
Education Practicum and Field Work consist 3 credits. Students are required to intern at media agencies doing course-related work.
The thesis consists of 3 credits. Students are expected to bring specific research questions to the program. The thesis must demonstrate valid analytical skills and must combine theories with practical experience. Students must pass an oral defense of thesis to obtain a Master’s Degree.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree
- Applicants should have an educational background or working experience relevant to the subject of study
- Applicants should have sufficient English language proficiency
Application Time and Procedures
Time: January 1st to May 30th
1. Register and fill out required information at http://cuc.17gz.org/member/login.do
2. Upload documents to http://cuc.17gz.org/member/login.do as listed below:
- (1)“Warranty Letter”( Please download the“Warranty Letter” at the online registration system after your online application is confirmed at the same time, the“Warranty Letter” shall be signed by the guarantor or affix one's seal)
- (2) Scanned copy of passport (front page and visa page) and residential permit if available.
- (3) Electronic photo with white background (minimum size: 640dpi*480dpi)
- (4) Scanned copy of university diploma (or a Certificate of Expected Graduation), and university transcript. (Original documents need to be offered for a check on registration day)
- (5) Two recommendation letters of associate professors (scanned copies)
- (6) Personal Statement: The content shall include the applicant’s education and professional experience, academic achievements, research plan and the goal of development after graduation
- (7) Research Plan: applicants need to write no less than 2000 characters
- (8) Copy of published academic papers, awards and other research achievements.
- (9) TOFEL or IELTS reports(if the applicant’s mother language is not English and his/her previous study & working experiences cannot prove his/her English level).
3. Pay application fee online.
4. Wait for the qualification examination and admission.
If the language of any document is not Chinese or English, please provide a notarized translation into Chinese or English. The application fee is not refundable.
Admission and Registration
Applicants can log on the online application system and check the admission result & scholarship information 3 weeks after the application finished (May 30th, 2018).
The letter of admission will be issued two weeks after the publication of the admission results. According to the information offered by the applicants in the online system, we’ll deliver the letter of admission, or the applicants can come to our office and claim by themselves.
The student must enter China with valid student visa on a regular passport.
Registration date will be in early September. The exact date will be confirmed by Letter of Admission.
Pay the insurance fee on registration day.
Program taught in: