The Department of Interpretation and Translation enables its students to fulfill a vocation to their country by promoting inter-linguistic communication. Knowledge and practical command of Arabic, French and English, along with the optional acquisition of other international languages, provides Lebanon with a historically beneficial multilingualism. Lebanon, situated at the confluence of East and West, also benefits from courses given in the art of translation and interpretation between the above languages. This provides a capacity for openness, dialogue, communication and exchange, which is enriching on all levels: economic, sociopolitical, educational and cultural. The Department is eager to promote this enriching multilingualism and to train professionals to practice written translation and interpretation.
- Translators/Interpreters in Public services such as Ministries and Public Administrations
- Translators/Interpreters in multinationals and specialized institutions
- Translators/Interpreters in a number of banking, industrial or commercial private institutions; multinationals, publishing houses, press agencies, newspapers and magazines
- Teachers of modern languages and translation
- Translators of books or movies; sworn translators; editorial translators; sight translators
- Touristic guides; public relations managers; ambassadorial staff; experts in modern languages; conference interpreters; liaison interpreters
This school offers programs in: