Master of Arts in Missions Studies
The Master of Arts in Missions Studies program is designed to integrate the development of professional ministerial skills in missions with academic studies.
Combining scholarly and professional competence in the field of missions, the program focuses on equipping potential and functional leaders with knowledge, skills and character qualities required to develop competences in missions-related ministries of the church and church-related organizations.
The program also develops the potential of the student for further academic pursuit in the field of missions.
At the end of the course of study in the Master of Arts in Missions Studies program, the student should be able to:
- Proclaim the message of the gospel, heralding the righteousness, justice, and peace of God on the continent of Africa.
- Display genuine respect for people and their culture.
- Differentiate cultural particularity from homogenous conformity.
- Formulate biblical values for the economic development and social progress of Africa.
- Develop a strategy for building networks of understanding and partnership between churches, denominations, and nations.
- Utilise missiological theories and strategies to enhance effectiveness in evangelism and discipleship.
In addition to the minimum entrance requirements specified in Section 1.0 of NEGST Academic Standards and Policies, all applicants for admission to the Master of Arts in Missions Studies program shall meet the following requirements:
- An undergraduate degree in any area of specialization from an accredited institution of higher learning with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 scale, or a degree awarded with first class or upper second class honors, or its equivalent.
- Applicants with 2.75 cumulative grade point average or higher or second-class lower division or its equivalent should have at least two years of relevant experience after graduation.
- An applicant who does not meet the above requirements must present an undergraduate degree in any area of specialization and a Postgraduate Diploma in the relevant area of study from an accredited institution of higher learning with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 scale, or its equivalent.
Mode of Delivery
- 2 academic years’ full-time studies
- 3 academic years’ part-time studies
- Tuition Fees 65,400
- Admin Charges 15,525
- Total Tuition Fees 80,925
- Total per Year 242,775
- Total for Program 485,550
- Tuition Fees 43,600
- Admin Charges 15,525
- Total Tuition Fees 59,125
- Total per Year 177,375
- Total for Program 532,125
How to apply
You can apply online by clicking Online application
Download application form Application form
You can send your application to Public Relations or Admissions.
You can find out more by calling us.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 9, 2018