Our Masters of Art in International Relations (MA-IR) is combining both international relations and international business courses. This combination gives you a strong knowledge of the managerial skills necessary for any leading position.
UBIS’ MA-IR is based on current educational trends in business education. This program was developed to meet the demand of the job market, propel careers of our alumni, and contribute to professional knowledge and competence in the field.
The Master Program of Arts in International Relations provides both broad vision and practical skills. This Program helps graduates to develop and manage immediate needs without losing sight of the larger context. With this dual capacity, the Master of Arts in International Relations graduates will be ready to work as leaders, directors, consultants and professionals in international organizations, national public administrations, private for-profit companies, as well as civil society non-profit organizations, foundations and associations.
To attain a Master of Arts in International Relations, students must earn 45 US / 90 ETCS credits hours equal to 15 courses including a research project - over 15 months for full time students.
Graduates of the Master of Arts in International Relations can:
• Incorporate foundational global and intercultural knowledge, theories, research methods, and approaches to investigate global issues.
• Frame and evaluate global challenges in international political, economic, security, or diplomatic areas in the selected region or concentration, drawing on perspectives and methods from diverse fields of study.
• Apply the advanced knowledge gained in the field of global studies to a practical challenge, articulate in writing the insights gained from this experience, and assess approaches, scholarly debates, or standards for professional performance applicable to the challenge.
• Assess and develop a position on a contemporary social issue from a socio-historical perspective and from multiple viewpoints of the stakeholders.
• Synthesize and transfer learning to new, complex situations within course work or beyond the classroom
Must submit the Application Form with the following documents & complete a personal interview with a Global Admissions Representative:
• Online Application and Fee
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, or University diploma
• University Transcripts
• English Proficiency Test, if previous schooling has not been in English or if the student is a Non-Native English speaker)
• Scanned version of the 1st page of your passport
• Letter of Intent and Motivation for Program Acceptance: minimum 250-word letter indicating intentions and interest.
• CV/Resume: Description of professional and academic experiences.
#7 on CEO Magazine Global MBA Ranking 2020/2021
Tier One on CEO Magazine Global MBA Ranking 2020/2021
WURI 2021 Rankings – World’s Universities with Student Mobility & Openness
WURI 2021 Rankings – World’s Universities with Real Impact
Federation des Enterprises Romande (FER)
European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD)
Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)