Taking into consideration, that the faculties of International Relations were established at the educational institutions of Georgia only after the restoration of the independence of Georgia and considering the issue, that country intensifies its foreign relations, it can be assumed, that Georgia is in need of the qualified specialists – Academic personnel and practitioners (diplomats and representatives of the civil society), for the successful implementation of its foreign policy and education of the qualified specialists in the field – politics and International relations.
Taking into account the above-mentioned, the goal of the program is to provide Master students with contemporary knowledge and prepare qualified specialists in political sciences and International Relations, to develop their research skills. Our aim is to bring up leaders in the sphere of International Relations and Politics, highly qualified Masters of Social Sciences (Field: International Relations and Politics).
The main priority of the program is to give profound knowledge in the field of politics and international relations, also research skills in the Social Science.
- Language of Instruction: English
- Program Duration: 2 years (120 ECTS)
- Awarded Qualification: Master of Social Sciences (International Relations)
- Tuition fee for Georgian citizens: 4200 GEL
- Tuition fee for international students: 3000 USD
It represents a very contemporary program, with an appropriate modern literature, up-to-date curricula, syllabuses in core and elective courses and teaching methods taught by very qualified staff, who have important teaching and practical experience (for example Ambassadors, diplomats etc.), including one Professor from the USA. The quality of teaching and learning is ensured through experienced academic personnel, rich library, and student-centered academic context.
According to Agreements with IBSU partner universities students have an opportunity to participate in various international exchange programs.
Scope of Employment
MA students of International Relations and Politics will be able to work in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, State structures responsible for foreign policy and national security issues, namely, Office of National Security Council, Ministry of Defense, foreign relations departments of various Ministries, NGOs working on international relations and national security issues, research centers, etc.
Besides, MA graduate can continue studies in a Ph.D. program to increase his/her competence and qualification.
Admission to the Program
A person is admitted to the program if:
- He/she holds a BA or its equivalent diploma.
- Passes A Type test of Unified National Exams for Masters (for Georgian citizens).
- Passes the university internal exams in specialty and English language.
- Those candidates who have international English language certificate equivalent to B2 level (TOEFL IBT, IELTS, and FCE) are not required to take the exam in the English language if, according to the program admission requirements, the English language is considered as a foreign language.
- Those candidates who have graduated from the educational program (instruction language – English) during last three years and their GPA is at least 75 (out of 100) or 3(out of 4), are free from passing English language examination.
Program taught in: