If you are heading for an international career, the Master Business Management in English is the ideal master in international management. With further skills in international management, it enables you to build on the knowledge gained during your undergraduate studies and complements it with management tools and theories for an international setting. Combined with a high practical orientation, you will be able to manage international businesses of all sizes and business areas.
To align your master’s in international management with your strengths and interests, you can choose between three different majors in your final semester:
- International Sales Management
- HR Management
- IT Management
The Master in Business Management is the English track of the already well-established German HdWM study programme, but with a special focus on international management. In addition to the profound management skills offered by the German course, the English degree programme equips you with the necessary qualifications to succeed in the international management world.
The HdWM master’s in management degree programme in brief
- Tuition and fees: 590 Euros per month
- Degree: Master of Arts
- Lecturing Days: Thursdays and Fridays
- Specialisations: IT Management, HR Management, International Sales Management
- Languages of instruction: The study programme is offered in English and German
- Start of programme: Winter and summer semester
- Semester schedule: Winter Semester: October 1st – March 31st (Including semester breaks over Christmas/New Year and from mid-February to end of March)
- Summer Semester: April 1st – September 30th (Semester break from mid-July to end of September)
- Practical orientation: Teaching staff with international business experience, guest lectures from partner companies, management-project in a company as an integral part of the degree programme
- Career counselling: Continuous advising and guidance by the Career Service Team with access to a network of more than 50 partner companies
What are the entrance requirements?
Before joining the master programme in international management, you must have a bachelor’s degree. If your bachelor’s degree gained you the equivalent of 210 ECTS of which at least 30 were business studies related, then you can directly join the master’s in international management and finish your studies in only 3 semesters.
With 180 ECTS or if you lack the 30 ECTS in business, you can first enrol in a pre-semester course to gain the necessary 30 ECTS. If your 180 ECTS include the 30 ECTS in business, then the missing 30 ECTS can be obtained through a semester abroad in your third semester. The whole master’s programme, with either the pre-semester or the semester abroad, will then take 4 semesters. Applicants who already have 210 ECTS including 30 ECTS in business can spend a semester abroad voluntarily.
For this English track master’s in international management programme, non-native speakers of English need to certify language skills on at least B2 level, according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). This can be certified by a German Abitur or any common language test, such as e.g. TOEFL or IELTS. Additional German skills are recommended. For the German track programme, language skills on C1 level are necessary.
What should I expect in the degree programme?
By enrolling in this master's in international management programme, you will build your management skills based on the St. Gallen Model in the first two semesters. In contrast to a control-oriented view of management, the focus is on a systemic and entrepreneurial viewpoint and management is split-up into operative, strategic and normative aspects. At the same time, you will observe management and organisation in its dynamic interaction with the environment.
In the framework of an eight-week internship, you will apply the new approaches directly into practice. Depending on the professional aims that you have, you can participate in a research project on leadership-related topics instead of the internship. The HdWM master’s in international management offers three specialisations in the third semester: International Sales Management, HR Management and IT Management. They will give your studies a specific focus that will support you in pursuing your international career.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 29, 2018