Are you interested in language and communication design? Then this Master programme is for you!
The programme's primary objective is to produce experts in language (English, German, or Danish) and document/communication design. You will develop the ability to generate original, effective documents in a broad range of fields and obtain expertise in communication processes as well as in the linguistic interaction taking place in a technical or organizational environment. Your linguistic and document design skills can be used to create all kinds of documents for companies or organizations, e.g. brochures, posters, user manuals.
You will gain expertise in:
- English, German, or Danish (applied linguistics and language proficiency)
- text analysis and production
- document design
- interaction/conversation analysis
- user studies
A Master in Language and Communication Design prepares you to work in international and intercultural PR, organizational and institutional communication, technical documentation and product development. You are also qualified to pursue an academic career. This program is offered in English which means that the teaching language for general and methodology courses is English. Courses in language specific topics are offered in the language you specialize in.
With an MA in International Business Communication and Communication Design you can find employment in the communications or public relations departments of any company or organization which operates internationally and which therefore needs employees with a high level of language competence.
Moreover, you will be attractive to companies which:
- need to produce instruction manuals, apply user-adaptive design, or carry out consumer studies in the development and production of their products;
- are in a process of automating their customer services, e.g. via website question answering or dialogue systems:
- develop automatic language processing systems.
Passing a university BA gives the candidate the right to be admitted to the MA that builds upon the subject area/areas of the BA in question, at the same university and in direct continuation of the completed BA.
The MA in International Business Communication and Communication Design builds upon the:
- BA in Modern Languages and Intercultural Communication.
The following BA programs at the University of Southern Denmark and other universities also qualify for admission:
- BA in international business communication (with the relevant foreign language)
Subject to approval by the University of Southern Denmark, admission is also possible for persons who have acquired corresponding qualifications via other study programs. In order to be admitted on such terms, the student will have to demonstrate the following:
- BA level competence in international business communication in the relevant foreign language corresponding to a minimum of 40 ECTS, including
- a minimum of 15 ECTS of methodical and analytical competences within the relevant foreign language
Apart from fulfilling the requirements in respect of a foreign language at BA level mentioned above, applicants for Danish and German are expected to master a source language, i.e. a language on which translation tasks can be based. Possible source languages comprise German, Danish, and English. In order to be admitted to the MA course, applicants must master the language in question at the upper secondary level A (or corresponding level):
- Applicants for German as a foreign language: source language Danish (or any other Scandinavian language) or English (for further information see below)
- Applicants for Danish as a foreign language: source language German or English (for further information see below)
Further, the applicants for German or Danish must demonstrate English language skills corresponding to B-level as a minimum, cf. Ministerial Order on admission to BA and Master level university studies (the Admission Order).
- Applicant for English as a foreign language: no further source language required, except English
This school offers programs in: