ABOUT THE PROGRAM
At Kennesaw State University, we're preparing a new generation of leaders in globally integrated organizations. The M.A. in Integrated Global Communication is an innovative and contemporary program designed for communication professionals who appreciate how economically interdependent and socially interconnected the world is today.
Market share, mindshare and competitive positioning are vital ingredients for organizational success. Achieving these goals on a global scale requires special knowledge and skills to effectively communicate shared meanings across countries and regions with diverse cultural, political, and economic characteristics. Global communication refers to the information flow that transcends national boundaries, that is mindful of organizational goals and objectives while being sensitive to peoples of different cultures and races, and that recognizes political and economic differences among global organizational stakeholders.
The M.A. in Integrated Global Communication at Kennesaw State University is a professional-oriented, 30-hour, four-semester graduate program that features:
- The only global communication masters program in the Southeast.
- A location in one of the nation's most vibrant global business and media centers.
- An innovative curriculum that offers a balance of theory and skills important for a professional masters program.
- A cohort model that builds collaboration and leadership skills.
- A summer international experience where students will be immersed in foreign cultures, study global organizations or attend classes at a foreign institution.
- A capstone experience that features either a professional project or individual research thesis project.
Classes are scheduled at 6:30 p.m. on weeknights. New cohorts begin each Fall semester. Full or part-time enrollment permitted.
The M.A. in Integrated Global Communication (M.A.I.G.C.) at Kennesaw State University is a professional-oriented, 30-hour, four-semester graduate program. The M.A.I.G.C. is the only global communication master’s program in the Southeast that features an experimental learning module that requires students to go abroad. An innovative curriculum offers a balance of theory and skills important for a master’s program, and a cohort model builds collaboration and leadership skills. The Summer Engagement Abroad Module sends students abroad to study and observe communication in a foreign culture.
- An earned BA or BS degree in communication or a related field from an accredited college or university;
- A Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score;
- Official transcripts;
- Evidence of English language proficiency;
- Letter of application;
- Two-page resume;
- Work example and 500-word personal statement;
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Students may apply for a GRE waiver
Prior experience in communication practices is preferred, but excellent applicants without communication-related experience will be considered. The curriculum follows a lock-step cohort model. All students will take the same courses each semester, except for the summer international experience. Hours per semester: 9 hours first fall, 9 hours spring, 6 hours summer international experience, and 6 hours final fall. Classes are scheduled at 6:30 p.m. on weeknights. Application deadline for Spring 2018 is November 1, 2017.
Standard KSU graduate tuition rates apply for in-state residents. Full or part-time enrollment available. New cohort admission begins each fall semester.
The M.A.I.G.C. curriculum follows a lock-step cohort model. The transfer of credit for coursework completed at another institution will be reviewed on an individual basis by the program director.
Grades in Graduate Courses
Expectations for satisfactory graduate level student performance are detailed in the Academic Policies section of this catalog.
M.A.I.G.C. - Summer Abroad
The M.A.I.G.C. Summer Engagement Abroad Module is an integral part of the M.A.I.G.C. program. Each year our graduate students travel to various places around the world and describe their global experiences via blog posts. Use the link to the right to view the blog and click on a highlighted country above to see photos from past trips.
M.A.I.G.C. has internship opportunities with different media and government organizations including:
- Golin Public Relation in London.
- BBC Southeast in Tunbridge Wells, UK (just south of London).
- Failte Ireland (Irish Tourist Board) in Dublin.
- Seongdong-gu government district in Seoul, South Korea.
- Noble Wines of Montepulciano, Italy Consortium.
Students can also enroll in study abroad, a KSU graduate course study tour or conduct original research projects overseas. M.A.I.G.C. works with the European Academy in Otzenhausen, Germany to design specialized one-week study abroad trips. Previous students have studied in the Netherlands, China, South Korea, Ghana, Belgium, and interned with companies in Japan and Argentina.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 11, 2018