In our global age, people face a multiplicity of challenges across different spatial scale levels ─ from the local to the global. Understanding and dealing with these challenges is at the centre of our research-orientated Master's programme Geographies of Globalisation.
What are the driving forces of globalisation processes? How do global markets function and what are the strategies that transnational enterprises pursue? Why and how is globalisation linked to spatial disparities? What significance does globalisation have for cities and regions ─ what socio-economic disruptions does it cause and how can we deal with them?
The Master's programme builds on the strengths of the Department of Human Geography in Frankfurt and offers two profiles: Urban Studies and Economic Geography.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Good English language skills
- letter of motivation (form of the department)
- certificate of German language skills if the first degree was obtained at an international higher education institution. See here for more information about the required German language skills.
- Applicants who have not yet finished their Bachelor’s programme at the time of application may be admitted to the Master’s programme under the condition that successful completion of the Bachelor’s degree will be proven to the examination board by the end of the semester of enrolment.
- Please note that all examinations of the Bachelor’s programme except the Bachelor’s thesis must have been successfully completed in the summer semester preceding the start of the Master’s programme.
- In the event that successful completion of the Bachelor’s degree has not been proven by the end of the enrolment semester, the student cannot be admitted to the Geographies of Globalisation Master’s programme for the following semester.
For provisional admission, please submit:
- proof of enrolment in the Bachelor’s programme,
- a detailed record of the status and the estimated finishing date of the Bachelor’s programme (transcript of records), as well as
- proof of registration of the Bachelor’s thesis
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 12, 2018