MASTER OF ARTS IN FASHION AND TEXTILE DESIGN
Our ‘Learning by Doing’ approach combines traditional visual disciplines with new digital technologies and synthesizes individual study with group project work. We establish numerous collaborations and projects with Italian and international companies and institutions to give students hands-on work opportunities to develop their critical thinking, conceptual problem solving, and practical artistic and design skills.
- To study in Milan, recognized as the world’s capital of fashion, arts, and design.
- To collaborate with over 1,000 companies, working on real-world projects and complementing your studies with unique internship opportunities.
- To obtain a multidisciplinary and multi-cultural learning experience, with a focus on direct experimentation.
- To learn from an outstanding faculty of inspiring industry professionals and mentors.
- To attend cutting-edge programs held both in Italian and English, that will give you an internationally recognized degree.
- To study in an award-winning academy, selected by leading publications such as Frame Publishers, Domus Magazine, and Business of Fashion, as one of the world's top schools for art and design.
The Master of Arts in Fashion and Textile Design is an intensive two years project-based degree. In producing and documenting works related directly or indirectly to Fashion, students are expected to produce and document a body of works including fashion design, textiles, visual and written storytelling, photography, graphics, costumes, millinery. The program’s main courses, taught by leading fashion professionals, rely heavily on lab experience. While in most schools, industry professionals have the role of visiting professors, in this program they lead a full design mentorship experience, monitoring and guiding the development of each student’s individual skills.
- COMPUTER GRAPHICS
- MATERIAL CULTURE
- PROJECT METHODOLOGY
- VISUAL DESIGN
- HISTORY OF APPLIED ARTS
- TEXTILE DESIGN I
- FASHION DESIGN I
- ART DIRECTION
- FASHION DESIGN II
- TEXTILE DESIGN II
- TEXTILE AND NEW MATERIALS TECHNOLOGY
- CONCEPT PLANNING
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- FASHION SETTING
When Students graduate from NABA, they receive a degree that is recognized around the world and in Europe that is accredited by the Italian Ministry of Education, Universities, and Research (MIUR).
Through exchange programs, NABA's International Office encourages and supports students wishing to study abroad. Through exchange programs, NABA's International Office encourages and supports students wishing to study abroad. The office promotes educational experiences at numerous prestigious international partner universities worldwide. International study opportunities are mainly provided as part of the Erasmus+ project promoted by the European Commission, the International Exchange Program for destinations outside of Europe.
Students will learn from international and recognized professionals who work with leading brands and studios around the world.
- The course leader of the MA in Fashion & Textile Design is Aldo Lanzini.
The annual NABA Placement certified survey aimed to investigate alumni occupational position after graduation. 89% of NABA students find a job one year upon graduation.
MA in Fashion and Textile Design graduates find employment as Fashion designers, Textile designers, Journalists/fashion critics, Art directors, Creative consultants for companies, Entrepreneurs in the fashion field.
The MA in Fashion and Textile Design cooperates or has cooperated with:
Benny & Javier House of Ninja, Cosmopolitan magazine, Diane Pernet, Filoscozia, Herbal Essences, Lane Cardate, Angela Missoni, Palazzo Morando, Pandora, Woolmark, Rosato, Iceberg, Via Farini, Fabbrica del Vapore, Galleria Arte Passante, Arena, Salon du Chocolat, Francesca Versace, Elio Fiorucci, La Triennale di Milano, Stefanel, Gabs, Franco Gabrielli, Tosca Blu, Pitti Immagine, Camera della Moda, Vogue Talent, Triumph, Alcantara, Linea Pelle, La Rinascente, Assab One, Officine Creative Ansaldo, Gabel.
Cost and Fees
EU countries and Switzerland: €12.950
Non-EU students: €16.250
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 12, 2018