In the one-year Master’s programme European Policy you study contemporary European and EU policies and learn to apply your knowledge and skills in a policymaking environment.
Policymaking in contemporary Europe
In the one-year programme European Policy, you study contemporary European and EU policies and learn to apply your knowledge and skills in a policy environment. The programme is aimed at students who are interested in understanding and contributing to European and EU affairs. It enables you to unravel the various political, legal and economic patterns that affect contemporary international policies in Europe and the EU and its border regions. The programme provides you with the knowledge and analytical skills that are essential in research or policy environments.
European Studies at the UvA
The European Studies programme European Policy offers:
- Deep understanding of policymaking and international relations in contemporary Europe and the European Union.
- A unique combination of Politics, Law, Economics and practical skills.
- Analytical and communication skills that are essential in a professional research and policy environment, both at home and abroad.
- Intensive training in policy environments, in dedicated skills courses and an internship.
European Policy is an accredited degree programme of European Studies. After successful completion of this programme, you will receive a legally accredited Master’s degree in European Studies and the title Master of Arts (MA).
You are able to place contemporary issues in a broader context and to communicate a sustained analysis of developments in national and European policy. You will be trained to convey ideas across national, disciplinary, and policy boundaries, as:
- Policy advisors for European and international affairs in national administrations, international organizations or EU institutions.
- European and international policy commentators and researchers: in media, NGOs, policy-advice, think-tanks, or culture.
- Advisors and policy entrepeneurs in international companies.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 15, 2018