Master of Arts in English
The course surveys the canon of English literary studies as well as the latest trends in literature written in the English language from all over the world. With an added focus on pedagogy, criticism and literary theory this course trains the students to become prospective teachers, professors, and critics.
The course is divided into four semesters to facilitate intensive coursework in a systematic and structured manner. The Master's students are also required to write individually supervised essays on a subject of their choice.
- BA (English) with minimum 50% marks
Career and Placement
This program though challenging and exhaustive brings good dividends in terms of the variety of career options it opens up for a young graduate. One may choose from a range of careers in civil services, academics, journalism, advertising, and content writing.
Guidelines for Admissions
- Pre-qualification examination criteria for the Under Graduate programs is Class 12th from any of the recognized boards of India. For foreign nationals, the pre-qualification for the Under Graduate programs is a certificate equivalent to Class 12th examination of the country and meeting the equivalence criteria of ‘Association of Indian University’.
- Pre-qualification criteria for the Post Graduate programs are graduation from any recognized university in India. For foreign nationals, the pre-qualification criteria for the Post Graduate programs are degree awarded by a University in a particular country and meeting the equivalence criteria of ‘Association of Indian Universities’.
- Applicants who have appeared for their final year graduation examinations in the year 2015 may also apply for admission to Post Graduate program.
- The University reserves its rights to judge the capability of a candidate through GD/PI before final admission.
- TOEFL/IELTS is compulsory for foreign nationals who do not have English as a primary language in teaching and examination.
- To qualify for admission to Sharda University in its Under Graduate program, the applicants must complete 17 years of age on 31st December of the academic year in which they are seeking admission.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 29, 2018