APPLICATION at UniTo for a.y. 2020-2021 is OPEN until April 30th 2020. Apply at https://apply.unito.it
The 2-year MA program (Laurea magistrale) in English and American Studies at the University of Torino is a graduate program in the humanities focusing on English and North American language/linguistics, pieces of literature and cultures, analyzed in an interdisciplinary and comparative perspective.
Fully taught in English, the program prepares graduates who are professionally competent in English and have acquired an in-depth understanding of literature and cultures in English – i.e. British, North-American and postcolonial – as well as aspects of the history-shaping those cultures.
This program is part of the graduate degree program (“Laurea magistrale”) in Lingue e Letterature Moderne (LM-37).
Candidates must have completed – prior to admission – at least a three-year university degree (“Laurea o diploma Universitario”). If issued abroad, the degree must come from an academically recognized institution, as per current regulations of admission to Italian universities. Minimum admission requirements include:
For candidates holding degrees obtained in the European Union:
- 16 ECTS credits (“cfu”) in English language/linguistics
- 16 ECTS credits (“cfu”) in British, English postcolonial or North American literature
For candidates holding degrees obtained outside the European Union:
- The equivalent of at least 10% of the total degree credit load in English language/linguistics.
- The equivalent of at least 10% of the total degree credit load in British, English postcolonial or North American literature.
- An international certification (see footnote for a list of accepted certifications and minimum scores requirements), certifying at least a CEF B2 level of English language proficiency. Language certification must be no more than three years old.
An admission committee will evaluate applications, based on curriculum and an interview.
Courses are taught over two semesters (October-December; February-May), Monday through Fridays, typically in the afternoons. Language laboratories ("lettorati") go from October through April/May.
Examination periods: January; May-June-July; September; November.
About the School
APPLICATION for a.y. 2020-2021 at UniTo is OPEN until April 30th 2020. Apply at https://apply.unito.it The University of Turin is today one of the largest Italian Universities, open to international r ... Read More