Students majoring in Creative Writing may choose to submit creative work (poems or stories; a play or a novel) as their thesis.
A substantial critical introduction to such a thesis is generally required.
All candidates for the M.A. in English with a concentration in literature and creative writing must pass two examinations before they enroll in Thesis Writing. One examination is based on a reading list common to all such programs. The second examination is in the area of concentration. Within English and American Literature, the following may be chosen:
- The Beginning of English Literature
- English Literature of the Renaissance
- Seventeenth-Century English Literature
- Eighteenth-Century English Literature
- Nineteenth-Century English Literature
- American Literature to 1900
- English and American Literature of the Twentieth Century
Cost & Fees
Foreign students are subject to additional fees.
Program taught in: