Students majoring in Creative Writing may choose to submit creative work (poems or stories; a play or a novel) as their thesis.
A substantial critical introduction to such a thesis is generally required.
All candidates for the M.A. in English with concentration in literature and creative writing must pass two examinations before they enroll in Thesis Writing. One examination is based on a reading list common to all such programs. The second examination is in the area of concentration. Within English and American Literature, the following may be chosen:
- The Beginning of English Literature
- English Literature of the Renaissance
- Seventeenth Century English Literature
- Eighteenth Century English Literature
- Nineteenth Century English Literature
- American Literature to 1900
- English and American Literature of the Twentieth Century
This school offers programs in:
Cost & Fees
Foreign students are subject to additional fees
Last updated September 28, 2017