Learn how to harness technology to engage learners everywhere, and prepare yourself for career opportunities in an expanding field.
The online Master of Arts in Educational Technology degree (M.A. in EdTech) offered through the Ruth S. Ammon School of Education at Adelphi University is built to:
- Equip you with the right blend of hands-on training, computer programming, and knowledge about teaching and learning you need for a successful career in today’s educational technology landscape.
- Help you carve your own path in a growing field that offers diverse opportunities in both education and business.
To ensure the program’s relevance in the real world, we developed it from the ground up with input from e-learning industry pros and academicians across disciplines. Additionally, we update the Online M.A. in EdTech curriculum annually with special topic courses, providing students with continuous exposure to emerging trends in a rapidly evolving discipline.
Our M.A. in EdTech faculty members are passionate practitioners, researchers, and educators who are committed to providing you not only with cutting-edge knowledge and skills, but also an exceptionally personalized educational experience. Though all courses are 100 percent online, the program’s structure and learning platform offer students rich opportunities for interaction with faculty and each other.
Your education culminates with a multimedia studio capstone course, in which you will develop one or more original educational resources, followed by an independent study course, in which you will pursue a topic of interest through either scholarly research or a creative, integrative educational media project.
Opportunities for qualified educational technology professionals can be found in these areas and more:
- Higher education
- K-12 education
- Educational services
- Business training and development
- Content creation
- Library sciences
Our students graduate ready to work in a variety of settings and assume roles that may include:
- Instructional designer
- Instructional Technologist
- Multimedia developer
- Application developer
- Software designer
- IT coordinator
- eLearning consultant
- Curriculum development specialist
- Training specialist
Who Can Benefit
The Master of Arts in Educational Technology online attracts individuals from a broad range of educational and professional backgrounds including teaching, instructional design, library science, communications, Web design, software engineering and computer science. They seek to expand and hone their knowledge and skills to meet objectives that may include:
- Entering the field
- Changing careers
- Remaining competitive in the field
- Earning a required professional credential
- Expanding their career opportunities
- Revitalizing their teaching career
- Obtaining higher earnings
Prospective students typically are inquisitive problem solvers who are interested in or adept at technology, have both creative and analytical thinking skills, and value education.
- State-of-the-art curriculum equips you with high-demand competencies in a growing field.
- 100-percent online, instructor-led courses provide you not only with convenience but also an engaging, personalized, academically rigorous educational experience.
- We have a strong job placement record for M.A. in EdTech graduates and you join a close-knit alumni community.
- You study with distinguished faculty members.
- Our proximity to New York City enables us to enlist leading EdTech pros as your guest speakers, supervisors and adjunct instructors.
- The Adelphi Faculty Center for Professional Excellence offers two paid internships to EdTech graduate students.
- Flexible entrance requirements—no GRE required
About the Ruth S. Ammon School of Education
Adelphi’s School of Education is committed to excellence in education and providing opportunities for professional growth by creating authentic academic and field experiences, cultivating respect for the diverse population we serve, embracing ethical practices, and preparing our students to become reflective change agents through research, collaboration and leadership.
Our educational philosophy stresses the value of learning through meaningful activity and reflection within a community of scholars and educators. We recognize learning as a socio-cultural dynamic and as such, our classes are framed within the cultural, historical, and material contexts of the diverse populations we serve. Our philosophy leads to collaborative communities that honor the voices of all and hold the greatest promise for the individual as well as collective efficacy.
As lifelong learners themselves, our faculty and administration value creative expression and artistic exploration for personal and professional growth and are committed to recognizing and attending to our students needs through the development of leadership, technological and communication skills.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 16, 2018