- Master of Arts in Education with Teacher Leadership Endorsement Preparation Library Science Rank I Classification, the Sixth Year Program (Library Science)
- Certification Preparation Program (Library Science)
Who Would be Interested in This Program?
Any P-12 teacher (holding a current teaching license) interested in becoming a school librarian. This program provides teachers with both degree and non-degree (Rank I and/or Certificate in Library Science) program options.
What Are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
- Candidates must meet the requirements of the Graduate School and have completed an initial elementary, middle, or secondary teaching certification program.
- Candidates must have earned an overall 3.0 undergraduate GPA or a 3.0 in the last 60 hours completed.
- Candidates must have a score of 375 on the Millers Analogies Test (MAT) or a Verbal score of 144 and a Quantitative score of 144 on the GRE.
- Scores on the MAT/GRE are used in conjunction with undergraduate GPA and other criteria in selecting candidates for admission.
- Applicants with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher, or 3.25 or higher in their last 60 hours of coursework are exempt from the MAT/GRE requirement.
Where Are Recent Graduates of the Program Employed?
Though many of our graduates may decide to seek employment in school districts within the state, we have had graduates go to work in positions both nationally and internationally.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 23, 2018