This specialty is oriented to facilitate to the teacher of Special Education the tools that allow her/him to perform their functions effectively and efficiently in the classroom. In addition, the specialty at this level facilitates competing to her/him in the magisterial field for an associate teacher rank.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS: MASTER PROGRAM
An applicant shall be eligible for admission if he/she complies with the following requirements:
- Bachelor of Arts in Education or a related area from an accredited institution or a Bachelor of Arts with a Science degree in a particular field which required courses in education;
- Admission index of 3.00 on the Bachelor Degree. If at the end of completing the master degree, the student has a GPA between 2.50 and 2.99, he or she must take the EXADEP educational test. Students with a GPA of 3.00 or more are exempted from taking the EXADEP.
- Oral and written competence in English and Spanish are required.
- Completed application form and appropriate fees within the time specified in the University calendar;
- Evidence of undergraduate and graduate studies (official transcript).
Curriculum (39 Credits)
EDUC 512 - Educational Innovations and Strategies
COIS 600 - The Computer as an Instructional Resource
EDUC 610 - Education of the Exceptional Child
EDUC 611 - Education of Mildly Handicapped Children
EDUC 612 - Behavior Modification for Mildly and Severely Handicapped Children
EDUC 613 - Preschool Education of Exceptional Child
EDUC 616 - Assessment, Measurement and Evaluation in Special Education
EDUC 617 - Curriculum and Teaching Methods in Special Education
EDUC 531 - Legal Issues and Trends in Special Education
EDUC 532 - Administration of Special Education Programs
EDUC 534 - Teaching Reading and Writing to exceptional children
EDUC 538 - The Education of Students with Emotional and Behavioral Disorders
EDUC 576 - Teaching Methods and Systems
EDUC 505 - Educational Research Methods
EDUC 618 - Research Seminar
EDUC 709 - Thesis (Documentary Research)
*Partial scholarships Available
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 1, 2018