Lead and manage communication and media projects for multinationals, governments, and international organizations.
Designed for careers in Communications.
The Master of Arts in Digital Media (MA-DM) is designed for students interested in pursuing careers in communications. The MA-DM provides a comprehensive introduction to today’s issues and challenges in media and communications: what is the role of the communications manager? How is new media re-shaping the media landscape? How can organizations and individuals communicate effectively in a global and multicultural environment?
- Ranked 16th best communications Master in Western Europe;
- An overview of the dominant theories of media and communications;
- Practical skills in managing communications in organizations and companies;
- Insight into the latest developments in media tools and related-business areas;
- Exposure to how global organizations communicate strategically and evaluate their initiatives;
- Switzerland is a dynamic and multicultural learning environment.
In addition to core media and communication courses, the Master of Arts in Digital Media trains young professionals to be future communication managers with courses in theory and practice: communication and media theory, intercultural communications, press and journalism, planning and evaluating communications, multimedia, executive communications, and international marketing.
The Master of Arts in Digital Media is comprised of 14 courses taken over one year.
- ECO 607 – Global Economics
- LAW 660 – International Law
- MKG 615 – Consumer and Market Insight
- COM 611 – Digital Media: Concepts, Theories, and Trends
- NEG 615 – International Negotiations
- MGT 610 – Leadership and Organizational Behaviour
- COM 630 – Digital Communication and Marketing
- MGT 657 – Operations and Project Management
- MGT 666 – Small Business Management
- COM 631 – Digital Media Planning, Distribution and Analysis
- MKG 667 – International Marketing
- MGT 645 – Corporate Governance
- MGT 650 – Digital Transformation
- COM 698 – Digital Media Strategy and Management (Capstone Course)
- A completed application form (should include your Motivation letter)
- Official Undergraduate Transcript (certified translation in English) (Minimum GPA recommended 2.7 or above on the scale of 0-4)
- Official Undergraduate Diploma (certified translation in English)
- Non-refundable application fee of CHF 150.- or € 140.- or USD 150.-
- English proficiency test: either TOEFL (minimum score 80), IELTS (minimum score 6.0) or Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE). IUG institutional code number for the TOEFL is 0130;
- Curriculum Vitae stating any relevant professional work experience;
- Letter of reference from an employer or a professor;
- Copy of valid passport;
- Two passport size photos.
The following additional requirements apply to MBA program candidates:
- A minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0
- At least 2 years of work experience is recommended
About the School
Ranked among the top ten business schools in Switzerland, the International University in Geneva (IUG) is an accredited academic institution specializing in business education.