Criminal Justice Administration and Policy
Marymount University now offers a Master of Arts in Criminal Justice Administration and Policy that is ideal for the criminal justice professional seeking advancement. MU is located in Arlington, Virginia, near the exceptional resources of our nation's capital.
This program is designed for:
- individuals interested in learning about policy formulation and managerial aspects of criminal justice organizations
- professionals wanting to advance in their careers
- those who are planning to prepare for doctoral study in order to conduct research or teach in the discipline.
The program emphasizes administrative roles and influence of policy in the criminal justice arena through an integrated, academically rigorous, and empirically oriented program. The online format is ideal for busy adults with other commitments.
- cohort-based program
- online learning with coursework during the fall, spring, and summer
- a single one-week summer residency block to begin the program
Marymount faculty members hold degrees in a variety of fields, including law, justice, society, sociology, public policy, and administration. Moreover, a number of full- and part-time instructors have had extensive backgrounds in law enforcement, as well as judicial and research agencies. Our full-time professors, all of whom hold terminal degrees, routinely publish in academic and professional journals and present scholarly papers at national and international conferences.
- CJ 500 Foundations of Criminal Justice Administration
- CJ 501 Victims of Interpersonal Violence
- CJ 504 Research Methods
- CJ 507 Juvenile Justice
- CJ 511 Current Controversies in Corrections
- CJ 512 Executive Leadership and Organizational Change
- CJ 520 Politics and Policy Analysis in Criminal Justice
- CJ 521 Terrorism and Counterterrorism
- CJ 550 Special Topics in Criminal Justice
- CJ 599 Thesis in Criminal Justice
- SOC 510 Theories of Social Deviance
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017