Master of Arts in Counseling
The MAC programme is designed to prepare the graduate for the field of professional counselling and/or pastoral counselling. The MAC programme is designed as a two year course. The curriculum will be taught by the resident faculty from the TCA College School of Counselling as well adjunct faculty, experts in their field of specialty.
How long in the Master of Arts in Counselling programme?
• Full-time students will be able to complete the MA in Counselling in 2-3 years.
• Part-time students will be given up to 7 years to complete the entire programme.
• Students who successfully complete the requirements of the first year can opt to exit the programme and will be awarded with a Post-Graduate Diploma in Counselling by TCA College. The Post-Graduate Diploma in Counselling is recognised by the Singapore Association for Counselling.
Year 1 Modules
- Foundation Modules: Foundations of Counselling, Self of the Counsellor, Human Development
- Theory Modules: Theories and Approaches in Individual Counseling, Theories and Approaches in Marital & Family Therapy, Theories and Approaches in Group Work
- Professional Modules: Professional Ethics, Appraisal, Tests & Assessments
- Skills Modules: Core Clinical Skills I, Core Clinical Skills II
- Practicum Module: 100 hours Practicum with Supervision (20 Credits)
Year 2 Modules
- Faith Integration Modules: Family-based Approaches in Counselling, Spirituality and Counselling
- Diversity Module: Social & Multi-Cultural Issues in Counselling, Gender and Sexuality
- Specialist Modules: Counselling Children, Psychopathology
- Practicum Module: 50 hours Practicum with Supervision (No Credits)
- S$ 13,910.00 (180 credits)
- S$ 3,852.00 (60 credits) - For students holding a Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling
Last updated October 23, 2017