The Master’s programme Comparative Dramaturgy and Performance Research is organised by five European universities and aims at students with a high interest in cross-cultural work and international networks, such as festivals, co-productions, exchange programmes and co-operation.
Students conduct an internship and two semesters abroad at one of the partner universities in Brussels, Paris or Helsinki and graduate with a double degree.
The semesters abroad allow an in-depth examination of theatre practices and studies in diverse cultural settings. The internship provides an acute and valuable insight into a variety of production methods and production processes in different countries.
- Université Libre de Bruxelles
- Université Paris Nanterre
- University of the Arts Helsinki
Co-operations with the Hessische Theaterakademie, the Festival „Frankfurter Positionen“ the BHF-Bank-Stiftung; Festival Impulse, NRW; Kammerspiele München, Kampnagel Kulturfabrik, Hamburg; PACT Zollverein, Essen; Ruhrtriennale; Théâtre des Amandiers, Nanterre; Tanzquartier Wien; Theater der Welt; Volksbühne am Rosa Luxemburg-Platz furthermore ensure an eclectic exchange.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable degree in a similar subject
- practical experience in the occupational field of dramaturgy – as a rule of at least two months duration
- Proof of language skills in German (DSH I), English (at least level B2) and another modern foreign language at level B1 (preferably French or the language of instruction at the partner university)
Preselection based on the following criteria:
- Copy of the Bachelor’s degree certificate (incl. Diploma Supplement)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of motivation
- Description of previous artistic and academic work
- Description of a piece of art that had a lasting impression on the applicant
The documents are to be submitted by mail and E-mail. The examination board selects suitable candidates for an entrance examination which will take place in June.
Mode of admission
Admission is not restricted. Five applicants are admitted every year.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 23, 2018