MASTER OF ARTS IN COMMUNICATION DESIGN
Our ‘Learning by Doing’ approach combines traditional visual disciplines with new digital technologies and synthesizes individual study with group project work. We establish numerous collaborations and projects with Italian and international companies and institutions to give students hands-on work opportunities to develop their critical thinking, conceptual problem solving, and practical artistic and design skills.
- To study in Milan, recognized as the world’s capital of fashion, arts, and design.
- To collaborate with over 1,000 companies, working on real-world projects and complementing your studies with unique internship opportunities.
- To obtain a multidisciplinary and multi-cultural learning experience, with a focus on direct experimentation.
- To learn from an outstanding faculty of inspiring industry professionals and mentors.
- To attend cutting-edge programs held both in Italian and English, that will give you an internationally recognized degree.
- To study in an award-winning academy, selected by leading publications such as Frame Publishers, Domus Magazine, and Business of Fashion, as one of the world's top schools for art and design.
The MA program synthesizes the typical economic dimensions of business with artistic-expressive dimensions as they apply to the context of use of new technologies. It’s a path designed to help students develop a solid background in the field of marketing and integrated communications, gaining a rich variety of expressive skills using real design production tools.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT I
- COMPUTER GRAPHICS
- PROJECT METHODOLOGY
- DESIGN MANAGEMENT
- PROJECT METHODOLOGY OF VISUAL COMMUNICATION
- GRAPHIC DESIGN
- ETHICS OF COMMUNICATION
- WEB DESIGN
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT II
- BRAND DESIGN
- ART DIRECTION
- SOCIOLOGY OF COMMUNICATION
- DIGITAL VIDEO
- INTEGRATED NEW MEDIA
- FUNDAMENTALS OF JOURNALISM
When Students graduate from NABA, they receive a degree that is recognized around the world and in Europe that is accredited by the Italian Ministry of Education, Universities, and Research (MIUR).
Through exchange programs, NABA's International Office encourages and supports students wishing to study abroad. Through exchange programs, NABA's International Office encourages and supports students wishing to study abroad. The office promotes educational experiences at numerous prestigious international partner universities worldwide. International study opportunities are mainly provided as part of the Erasmus+ project promoted by the European Commission, the International Exchange Program for destinations outside of Europe.
Students will learn from international and recognized professionals who work with leading brands and studios around the world.
- The course leader of the MA in Communication Design is Amos Bianchi.
The annual NABA Placement certified survey aimed to investigate alumni occupational position after graduation. 89% of NABA students find a job one year upon graduation.
Students can employ the theoretical and technical knowledge gained during the program in a wide variety of communication contexts, especially those characterized by complex design problems. Graduates of this program may find employment as Communication designers, Marketing professionals within studios, communication agencies, and multimedia production agencies.
The MA in Communication Design cooperates or has cooperated with:
Art Directors Club Italiano, Berlucchi, CosmoProf, Diesel, Ferrero, Fiera Milano International, Good 50x70 Association, Jacuzzi, Leo Burnett, Martini, McCann Erickson, Procter & Gamble, Regione Lombardia, Roberta di Camerino, SCF, Smartbox, and Start Milano.
Cost and Fees
EU countries and Switzerland: €12.950
Non-EU students: €16.250
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 12, 2018