Ocean University of China (OUC) is a comprehensive university which offers courses in Science, Engineering, Agronomy, Economics, Liberal Arts, Pharmaceutics, Management, Law, and Education. OUC has been approved as one of the national key universities with “Project 985” and “Project 211”. OUC is located in the beautiful coastal city of Qingdao, the 29th Olympic Sailing Regatta in 2008, also a renowned summer resort and an attractive historic tourist city of scenic beauty and temperate climate.
The College of Liberal Arts, Journalism, and Communication at OUC offers this Master’s of China Studies program for international students with a keen interest in China who hope to broaden their previous studies or experiences of China, and for those who may have had little exposure to China in their studies to date and are limited by their Chinese language ability. It also aims to equip advanced, specialized personnel with a sophisticated and comprehensive understanding of China.
Our program offers a wide range of courses in China’s history and development, as well as its literature, philosophy, and tradition. In addition to undertaking the courses that cover the breadth of knowledge about China, students will also have an opportunity to develop their own particular areas of specialization by selecting relevant courses and writing dissertations on China’s history, society, culture tradition, philosophy, language, literature, and business. This program consists of three main focuses:
- Chinese History and Contemporary Society
- Chinese Philosophy and Thought
- Chinese Language and Literature
- Introduction to Chinese Culture
- Ancient Chinese Philosophy and Thought
- History of China: From Earliest Times to 1840
- Classics of Ancient Chinese Literature
- Accelerated Chinese LanguageⅠ
- Modern and Contemporary Chinese Writers
- History and Thought of Modern China
- Introduction to Religion and Beliefs in China
- Accelerated Chinese Language II
- Chinese Folk Culture
- China and the World Economy
- Inter-cultural Communication
- A Comparative Study of Chinese and Western Cultures
- An Introduction to Chinese Language Culture
- Chinese Society and Media Today
- Chinese Art
- China in the International Perspective
- An Introduction to Chinese Maritime Culture
- Field Study/Internship
- Lecture/seminar series (Chinese pop culture, film, cuisine, education, political system, etc.)
Working Language: English is the working language in all classes.
This program has a strong team of faculty, including 14 professors and associate professors from the College of Liberal Arts, Journalism, and Communication, and other departments of Ocean University of China, the majority of whom have the experiences of study, doing research and/or teaching in English speaking countries. In addition to faculty members from Ocean University of China, experts and scholars from our partner universities at home and abroad will be invited to give courses or lectures to our students.
- Bachelor’s Degree holder;
- Non-Chinese citizen;
- Good English proficiency which meets the requirement of degree courses;
- No previous Chinese language knowledge is required to apply for this program.
For information about application, registration and accommodation please visit: http://iec.ouc.edu.cn/yingwenban/article/
Application Deadline: July 15 each year.
Entrance Date: the beginning of September each year.
Duration of Study: The normal period of study for the program is 2 years, the achieved credits are valid within 5 years.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 31, 2018